Respected Contributor

Those of you who use stick foundation, what do use to apply and blend it? TIA

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

Usually I use my fingers to blend it into ruddy or blotchy areas and then let the rest of my face go without. On days when I look blotchy, I dust mineral powder over all of it (over my sunscreen.)

HTH

Oh! Also, sometimes I use compact powder foundation to “set” it instead of loose.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Used one of those white spongy wedges.

Frequent Contributor
I have the Tarte foundation skin and I’ve found that, for me, blending with my fingers works the best. A beauty blender doesn’t do much and a brush makes it streaky. I always make sure to wash my hands before putting on my makeup.
Respected Contributor

Re: Stick foundation

[ Edited ]

I buy the flat round small sponges, rinse it with warm water and squeeze out real good so just damp. I can’t imagine using my fingers.

I buy the max factor stick make up online, it has disappeared from the shelves. Wish they would bring it back

Regular Contributor

I use a Tarte full coverage foundation brush from a previous purchase. I like the shape of the bristles as well as how compact the brushes.

Valued Contributor

I use a flat top brush to buff it on my skin. Otherwise I  use my fingers. 

Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever tried an Artis brush (or another paddle type brush) to apply stick foundation?

Honored Contributor

Usually my fingers. I apply only to the center of my face. If I'm going out for something special, I'll use a small, dense synthetic brusn.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Has anyone ever tried an Artis brush (or another paddle type brush) to apply stick foundation?

I've used a Caitlan brush, another Artis dupe @Texasmouse and have been very pleased. The finish is truly flawless and looks airbrushed. I have KB, Tarte and BB stick foundations.I've used a beauty blender sponge too but really appreciate how very fast and seamlessly the foundation applies.