Honored Contributor

I swipe the stick directly on my face only in areas that need coverage. Then I use the BB Full Coverage Face Brush. Since I use that brush to also apply my moisturizer, there’s a bit left on the brush which helps to blend and sheer out the foundation.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS the Caitlan brush is the one I have too so that's good to know. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus great trick, thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus great trick, thanks! 

@Texasmouse  Any time. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. By the way, this dense, rounded brush is great for stippling if you need more coverage in certain areas. Otherwise, I just use light, circular strokes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stick foundation

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:@rochelleS the Caitlan brush is the one I have too so that's good to know. Thanks!

@Texasmouse  You are welcome!

Have you used your Caitlan brush? I really love mine. I'm curious about the Artis brushes yet there's really no need to spend the $. Now if I had seen that great deal HSN had on a set before it had sold out I might had considered that.

I purchased my Caitlans on one of the morning show sales. Better than half off. I wouldn't be surprised with the holidays coming that we might see these featured again. 

Valued Contributor
@rochelleS, I have both Artis brushes and a Cailyn “o wow” brush. I prefer the Artis - liquids absorb more in the cailyn and the bristles are scratchy compared to the Artis, and I feel the Artis blends edges better. I do like the tapered head of the o wow though. However I’m not sure the difference is worth the $$, barring a super deal on Artis.
Valued Contributor
I forgot to mention that I also use stick foundation (Bobbi brown, but I recently picked up loreal infallible while traveling and I like it a lot) swatched in the center of my face and blended out with my Artis oval 6, I always press my hands into my face after blending with the brush, seems to make the foundation seem more with the skin instead of on the skin, if that makes any sense. I find if I buff too much with a brush the foundation settles in my pores.
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:@rochelleS the Caitlan brush is the one I have too so that's good to know. Thanks!

@Texasmouse  You are welcome!

Have you used your Caitlan brush? I really love mine. I'm curious about the Artis brushes yet there's really no need to spend the $. Now if I had seen that great deal HSN had on a set before it had sold out I might had considered that.

I purchased my Caitlans on one of the morning show sales. Better than half off. I wouldn't be surprised with the holidays coming that we might see these featured again. 

@rochelleS I believe I tried my Caitlan brush with a Maybelline stick foundation (Fit Me, I  think) but I had to "drag" quite a bit to blend it. I don't know if this is the brush's fault or if the stick was just not creamy enough.  I guess I need to experiment more! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you very much @Fluke67!

I'll have to touch an Artis brush one of these days. My Caitlan brush is super soft and I can't imagine one softer. I thought I'd pick up the Caitlan palm style brush if I see a sale but I sure will check the Artis first. Useful too, is how one is more efficient with liquid foundation. I appreciate your mentioning this.

Also interesting how you press your face after applying foundation. I do understand. That reminded me of a mua years ago who taught to press as hot as you could stand, squeezed cosmetic round natural sponges on your face. This was to set your makeup she said. A cool press was used for the eyes.