Trusted Contributor

I'm having trouble with pencil eyeliners making their way down into lines under my eyes or just fading.  I started using Bobbi Brown's gel liner in the pot that you apply with a brush and it's great, it doesn't budge and good dark brown color - but it's a pain to use when I'm in a hurry!  I'd like to have a good pencil liner, too.  Bobbi's gel pencil liner moves on me.  Does anyone know of a good pencil liner that doesn't budge?  I was thinking of trying either Laura Gellers INK-credible or else Urban Decay's 24/7 because it's a big seller at Sephora.  I'm open to any suggestions!  Thanks!  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Re: Stay-put pencil eyeliner?

Either of the two you mentioned are good.  My favorite liners are Mally's "bulletproof" as she calls them.  They also have good intensity.  Just make sure you look for waterproof on your liners.  I'm a liner junkie, I probably should just send you some of mine!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I honestly do not feel Mally's is bullet proof. I don't have oily eyes but these tend to fade after awhile or smear.

My favorites these days are Marcelle's waterproof liner- only $11 and one of the few I actually have to remove with something other than my facial cleaners (I use coconut oil). Plus there are fantastic colors The indigo really makes my eyes look amazing (hazel).

I also love Kat Von D's. They are almost as good but the pencils are the one I like the best but it seems now they only come in the palettes? Weird.

Unfortunatley Laura's eyeliners irritate my eyes for some reason?

Respected Contributor

hi tuesday,

i'm a nut about eyeliner and use a ton of pencil eyeliner.  i bought a waterproof one on ebay called babyface waterproof eyeliner and i think it comes from overseas.  excellent!

also,  shop the drugstores.  i always look for waterproof, smudgeproof and have really been lucky.  one is maybelline budge-proof, waterproof and it's great.

all i wear is black so it's easy for me.  try all the waterproof ones and i think you'll be happy.

@TuesdayTaylor

Honored Contributor

For the past several months, I'd been using darker eyeshadow to create an eyeliner effect, if I wanted one.  Then I saw a presentation on the Laura Geller INKcredibles eye liners and thought I'd give them a try.  I've only had them for about a month, but I really like them.  They glide on easily and the line stays put until I cleanse my face.  I do a pre-cleanse with a facial cleansing wipe and have no problem removing the eyeliner.  I like the INKwells a lot more than I ever liked the LG iCare pencils.

Honored Contributor

I have more UD pencil liners than I care to count; never have I had any budging or smudging. In fact, it takes a bit of work to remove it. I think they are the Holy Grail of pencil liners, not only for their quality and performance but their incredible array of shades.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I use and love Palladio Retractable Herbal Eye Pencils, come in many nice shades. Get them at Sally's or on ebay.

Trusted Contributor

I really like Marc Jacobs skyliners. They stay put and glide on easily.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

I use black eyeliner and what I have found works is putting a matching powder eyeshadow (in my case, I use dark grey) over the eyeliner, using an eyeliner brush. Instant bullet-proof, won't budge till I take it off.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Urban Decay.  I LOVE these liners!  My go to has always been Rockstar.   I also have Empire, which I like and recently picked up Mildew.... I really love it.  I'm fair with dark hazel eyes and dark hair.