Honored Contributor

Re: Stalking a Salon for new Hairdresser

@granddi wrote:

Thanks for listing to me rant................

@granddi 

I feel your pain.

I had my hair cut yesterday by the person who's already cut my hair five times since 2017.

I brought a realistic photo and she ignored it.  I'm not picky.  I could fill a coffee table book with photos of bad haircuts and unfortunate eyeglass frames.

But the only way I can describe this cut is "butchery."

I wanted to support a local small business instead of a chain but I think it's time to go back to the chains.  I'm seriously out of ideas.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I've lived here in Tampa for 21 years and STILL haven't found a stylist who does a great job on my hair.  I've had "okay" cuts, but absolutely no one knows how to dry my hair.   I always have to plan on just driving home after to re-do my hair.  And haircuts and color are not cheap!   I wear my hair in a style that's very much like Lisa Rinna's only the back is shorter.  Anyway, I've been going to a salon that's owned by a family friend for the past few months and using a stylist who I really like as a person, but her cutting technique isn't wonderful on my hair.  I need someone who can really cut and style hair.  I've told her that I need her to really get "into" my hair and de-bulk certain spots, but she insists her way of doing it is better.  I've gritted my teeth and just gone along with it which makes me mad at myself.  Well, as my luck would have it, this stylist just left the salon and has texted me that she's renting space somewhere and she'd love me to follow her... if I'm comfortable.  This is my out.  I've been racking my brain wondering if I stay loyal to the salon-owner family friend who can probably hook me up with another stylist or do I follow this stylist.  I'm doing neither!!  My hair, my money!!  I'm going to start looking today for a better fit somewhere and just hoping I  don't end up paying a ton of money only to be unhappy.

Esteemed Contributor

I've gone to SuperCuts for many years and got great haircuts. My hair is short and wavy - and most hair-dressers don't know how to cut into waves. Then I'd find a great hair-dresser and over time, she'd be gone. It's been around 5 years that I got bad haircuts -- and finally - a few months ago, I called SuperCuts for an appointment and Amber cut my hair. Last Tuesday, my hair was so overgrown and horrible  --- Amber is AMAZING. One of the best haircuts - plus I got a FREE cut - as this is my 13th cut (they keep track on their computer). Today I went to the dentist - and my dental hygenist complimented my hair.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I've gone to SuperCuts for many years and got great haircuts. My hair is short and wavy - and most hair-dressers don't know how to cut into waves. Then I'd find a great hair-dresser and over time, she'd be gone. It's been around 5 years that I got bad haircuts -- and finally - a few months ago, I called SuperCuts for an appointment and Amber cut my hair. Last Tuesday, my hair was so overgrown and horrible  --- Amber is AMAZING. One of the best haircuts - plus I got a FREE cut - as this is my 13th cut (they keep track on their computer). Today I went to the dentist - and my dental hygenist complimented my hair.

@kivah  That's great!  It's so frustrating because when your hair doesn't look good, you don't feel your best.  I get it.  My update - I caved and went to the family friend/salon owner.  Lo and behold, he did a wonderful job.  Who knew?!!  And, like you, my cut was free because he felt terrible that his employee just picked up and left.  She told him "it was time to move on" and ended up taking all her appointments and client info out of his computer.  I guess that's "the thing to do" when a stylist runs.  Anyway, seems like a good day for us both!!  Wishing you HAPPY HAIR DAYS AHEAD!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just tried a new salon because I was in desperate need of a cut.  My stylist was sick so I tried a new stylist and I'm pleased with the cut.  I had it cut a tad longer just in case he took too much off, to try to create a bit of a buffer.  I did check some online reviews to see if there was anything really bad written about his cuts, of course this isn't foolproof.  I know how awful it is to try someone new and wind up with a terrible cut.