Occasional Contributor

Re: St. Tropez Oil vs. Vita Liberata Self Tanner

Did anyone use the Vita Liberata on their face? If so, how did that go with daily cleansing and exfoliation 3 times a week ? I hear ladies saying they don't tan their faces just their bodies and just use tan makeup on their face...how do you get that to match up. I use It cosmetics CC+ cream (medium) without a tan.

Respected Contributor

On 5/21/2014 Grammyx8 said:

Did anyone use the Vita Liberata on their face? If so, how did that go with daily cleansing and exfoliation 3 times a week ? I hear ladies saying they don't tan their faces just their bodies and just use tan makeup on their face...how do you get that to match up. I use It cosmetics CC+ cream (medium) without a tan.

I can't use a self tanner on my face because I use Retin A which just wipes away any self tanner. So I also just do it through makeup and do get a pretty good match. If I were to use IT CC I would need the Tan shade for Summer. Normally I would be a medium. The match may not be perfect but it comes close enough that it is not a startling contrast.

Not applicable

I'm a fan of Vita Liberata phenomenal! I use the lotion in medium. To get the long lasting effect, I use 3 times in the space of 24 hours. I find it best to apply it in the evening, shower in the morning and reapply and then shower in the evening and apply for the third time. It's really worth it if you want a long lasting tanner - I usually get 14 days out of it!

The color is great - a beautiful bronze hue and absolutely no smell - finally a tanner that delivers exactly what we want!