Respected Contributor

Re: Squalane -- Anyone use this or facial product with this?

I have used Squalane and it worked very well for my dry skin.  I ordered it from Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

I have used it and really like it . Some have a strong odor and some do not . You can get oderless but I think it might be processed however it seems to work good , You can get it on mostvitamin websites'It is a great moisturizer!

cathy from ma

@twinkies

Does your name mean you like "twinkies", the hostess cake?  If so, count me in!  Love those little things!

I thank you for your reply.  I really want something that is not heavy or oily.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I recently discovered squalane (not to be confused with squalene, a different thing) after researching acne.  My son was breaking out in tiny pimples on his forehead and this type of acne feeds on oils, except squalane.  BHA, we use Paula's Choice 2% BHA and squalane healed the acne.  I purchased the Timeless squalane (olive derived) 2 oz bottle for around $12.  What a deal!  It will last a long time. I also use it to moisturize under my eyes before applying makeup because it soaks in and isn't greasy. Just a tiny drop is all that is needed under the eyes.

@Oshare-girl

Yes, thanks!  At first I thought they were the samething, too! 

Honored Contributor

angel---yes rads are radiation and all this happened in 2012--am 6 years out from all that. The treatments were very successful!! Sorry  for the confusion. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I use The Ordinary's Squalane and love it. It does sink in my skin well an the price is definately right.  

@KCDiva

Thank u!  Another vote!  You all have me just chomping at the bit to try this! 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

angel---yes rads are radiation and all this happened in 2012--am 6 years out from all that. The treatments were very successful!! Sorry  for the confusion. 

@wagirl

Oh, no, that's fine. I am just glad to hear that you had the treatments and are doing well!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I have used Squalane and it worked very well for my dry skin.  I ordered it from Amazon. 

@Sunshine Kate

Any particular brand that you like the most?? Thank you!!! 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate

Any particular brand that you like the most?? Thank you!!! 

@AngelPuppy1, I used:

SQUALANE Italian. 100% Pure / Natural / Undiluted Oil. 100% Ultra-Pure Moisturizer for Face $12.95.

It lasts a long time as a little goes a long way.  

Honored Contributor

I use  the one from Shark oil that comes from Japan... have for many many years.

Contributor

I have this product by Timeless and it is derived from olives.  I am going to start using this on a daily basis, in the morning,as my first step.  This is a very light oil and absorbs pretty quickly; I don't usually use facial oils but this is so light and I find it extremely healing.  Can't say much more since I just decided to use it on a regular basis but other oils are too heavy for me unless I mix them in with a moisturizer but the Squalane I put directly on my face.