Esteemed Contributor

Spring Orange Blossom and Spring Gardenia Green Tea

I would like to ask your input and your take on actual performance of these two.

I read the reviews, and they all simply great for both of these of course, and even more so for Lilac!

But the reviewers don't get as specific about the performance factor for different hair types, as you guys can. What do you say?

I got so much Wen! Still debating buying more of it, as more of these amazing scents come in!

I've got, of course both TSVs, and now all these spring CCs .... how can one resist?

Have not tried any of the spring CCs yet and do not know them. Three bottles of Lilac and one Gardenia coming tomorrow, but this Spring Orange Blossom I did not get. Yet. And it really bothers me. Don't want to miss out on it!

I love all fresh floral spring scents in general, don't really care much for spicy, food smelling Fall scents, or vanilla/citrusy-minty Winter scents in Wen. They are okay, I like them, but don't get thrilled by. What makes me really excited, is the Spring with all it's beauty and fragrance throughout the land, and with it, of course - Lilacs, Gardenias and Orange Blossoms! In the bottle.

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Orange Blossom and Spring Gardenia Green Tea

I don't like floral scents but do like SOB. It isn't as moisturizing as some of the other seasonals but I love the scent. I currently have an opened 16 oz. cleansing conditioner, (2) unopened of the cleansing conditioner, one 32 oz. unopened of the cleansing conditioner, a 6 oz. RTM that is about 3/4 full. I also plan on ordering more of the SOB oil from the Chaz Dean site but haven't done so yet. I may decide to order extra of SOB cleansing conditioner but will wait to see how much I use while it is still offered.

I didn't order SHL since I know that I wouldn't like it. I may try SGGT but am still undecided about ordering it since I already have a lot of BGT in my stash. Since I like BGT I probably would also like SGGT.

Honored Contributor

For me, all of the original seasonals work the same on my hair. So, FGP, WVM, SGGT and SMC worked the same. I think the SGGT smells good. My hair loves the SOB though, performance wise it's my favorite seasonal. I haven't tried the new lilac that just came out. My hair is medium texture, wavy and long is that makes a difference.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Love the scent of the SOB, but it wasn't moisturizing enough for my post-meno hair. Absolutely love the oil though for my arms and legs. Like all the oils, it absorbs quickly and completely on my skin and smell so much better than any skin cream I've ever used.

Respected Contributor

I haven't tried SOB. SGGT is one of my faves. I would say that it is not drying, just not one of the most moisturizing. I'll sandwich it between other CC's rather than use it twice in a row. It leaves my hair very light and bouncy. Not weighed down. I would not expect any extremes with SGGT in terms of dryness, shine, curl ines. It's a great middle of the road with excellent staying quality in terms of scent. You'll get whiffs of it throughout the day.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I like SOB, but to me it's more citrus than floral. To me the scent and performance are very similar to the most current winter scent.

As for performance - I have not tried the Lilac, but I would say that SOB is slightly more moisturizing than SGGT for me.

I agree with Kjelle's comments regarding performance and scent of SGGT.

I have below the shoulder, fine, naturally straight hair, that is not color treated, but I do a lot of heat styling.

Michele

Esteemed Contributor

Really? I was hoping the SOB carries the fragrance of orange blossoms - Flowers!

It does not?

Frequent Contributor

OP - the problem with asking such a question is that - as you can see - you're going to get a bunch of varied responses because how something works for one person doesn't work the same for another and one person's opinion is going to be different than anothers'. just like one person will say that SOB smells citrusy, another person will say it smells floral, etc. the only sure way to know how something is going to be for you is to try it. besides, you have 30 days to try it so if you don't like it for any reason you can return it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/19/2015 jurby said:

OP - the problem with asking such a question is that - as you can see - you're going to get a bunch of varied responses because how something works for one person doesn't work the same for another and one person's opinion is going to be different than anothers'. just like one person will say that SOB smells citrusy, another person will say it smells floral, etc. the only sure way to know how something is going to be for you is to try it. besides, you have 30 days to try it so if you don't like it for any reason you can return it.

I perfectly understand people's experiences are different, still I would like hearing about their experiences, because they help me to understand better, what choices to make. I am perfectly capable to be able to sift through, and find some clues. What's wrong with that?

Otherwise, why even have a Wen forum, if not for sharing individual experiences with the rest and asking questions about Wen product? Same is with a "Product Review" section on every product page on QVC - buyer's individual experiences shared and read by others.

There may be a reason for these? I do thank you though for the advice, and for reminding me about a return policy.

p.s. I know some people love sharing their experiences on this board, and I love reading that, accept for "a bathtub full of hair clogging all drains for seven years" stories Smile

Respected Contributor

I am NOT a floral person but of the two, I would say SOB is far better than SGGT. I found SGGT drying -- definitely my least favorite of all the seasonals in terms of performance, so based on that I would not recommend it. But if you like florals, I think you will probably like the scent.