Respected Contributor

Spring Fashion & Makeup 2016

I'm going on a cruise late March 2016.  I"m panicing because I have no clothes...seriously.  My makeup can use an overhaul too.  That I'm not too worried about but it would be nice to have the fresh new 2016 products to choose from.  Does any one know or recall when QVC starts it's Spring programming for fashion?  TIA

Frequent Contributor

Re: Spring Fashion & Makeup 2016

Maybe you could go and get a makeup makeover at a cosmetic counter, Ulta or Sephora.  You could also consider shopping for "bargains" that are classic pieces from this past season and then add trendy assessories closer to your trip.  You could have most of the difficult shopping done ahead of time and your packing planned.  Adding in new shoes, handbags, jewelry, a particular color of blouse, scarf, etc. can really make classic pieces look "current" and you can use them season after season.  It might cut down on the "stress" as you get closer to your vacation.

Honored Contributor

I've never done a cruise, but I think you could help those that advise you by telling where you are going and on what line.  Probably some place warm, but some of these ships require dressier attire for dinner, some are completely casual.  As for me, I would take comfortable favorites from my current closet and leave some travel money to buy things at the various ports. 

Respected Contributor

Disney cruise for 7 days Eastern Carribean.  Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay (Disney's Private Island).  I REALLY don't have anything.  A couple of pairs of Denim & Co crop pants and 1 shirt.  I've been looking on line to see what is left over from the season but the problem is it's either sold out or not in my size.  There is one formal night and maybe a semi formal night.