Honored Contributor

Sponges for exfoliating body

I use the saulux cloth, but any body tried the sponges one uses in the kithen,scrubbers type,on your body?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sponges for exfoliating body

I use the saulux also which I like a lot.  I would think kitchen sponges would be too rough.  Doesn't sound appealing to me.

Honored Contributor

I get my exfoliating towels at the $ store.   They are long and narrow....you can grab by both ends and easily do your back, etc.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

I think the Salux is perfect! I can't see me ever trying Brillo.

But, I do also have an exfoliating bath puff for the shower.

eta: Salux for dry brushing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use the saulux cloth and have tried other products but this is the best one I've found.  I would not even think that using a kitchen sponge would be better!

Honored Contributor

Salux for me too.  You can find a multi pack set on Amazon for a good price.  When we have overnight guests, I usually put a little basket together for them - a couple of water bottles, bar of nice soap, toothbrushes, travel sizes of toothpaste, mouthwash, body lotion, etc.  I include a salux cloth and our guest can then take everything home with them.  

Honored Contributor

I use the big poofy balls that you use in the shower with shower gel/wash to make lots of lather. I discovered that you can buy them in different "strengths" at Walmart: soft for skin that needs a gentle touch (eczema for example), regular for normal washing and strong/course for those who want to exfoliate while they wash. Let me tell you, they EXFOLIATE..yes indeed! Love it. $2.99 Every member of my family has one except my youngest due to his eczema. Fantastic for those of us with KP as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I use the saulux cloth, but any body tried the sponges one uses in the kithen,scrubbers type,on your body?

Yes, I have been using those scrubbie-type sponges in the shower for a long time. I like how they hold on to my shower gel, unlike my Salux cloth...I use that, too, but it's not as good at holding any soap in it so I use the Salux after I use the scrubbie sponge. 

I buy my scrubbie sponges from MicrofiberWholesale dot com...always free shipping both ways, no minimum purchase required. They are microfiber (cloth on outside) sponges (on inside) with a scrubbie (not harsh) on one side and a very soft, smoother side on the other. The soft, smooth side is actually gentle enough to use it on my face, too. The sponges measure 4"x5-1/2"x1". Just search 'sponge'...they only have one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using "dishwashing" sponges ever since I asked DH to pick me up a shower sponge and this is what he brought home. Works great and now a pretty pink color. 

Image result for scotch brite sponges gentle

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know--there are such things as exfoliating gloves. I have a pair and use them once a week. they stay on your hands and rinse out clean and air dry. they can be abrasive if you scrub too hard so use a soft hand. can get them anyhere.