Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spf that does well under foundation?

I have super sensitive skin with a ton of issues so I can not layer products. I found Dr. Denese Day Cream and it's wonderful. It's a multi task product--spt 30 /mositurizer and light foundation all in one. It blends into your skin tone and just makes my skin look better while it's doing healthy things. I swear by this product. I also like the fact that a little goes a long way and it doesn't look think on the skin. 

Honored Contributor

Something I do that might help others when applying foundation after sunscreen is to blot your face after your sunscreen sets ( about 10-15 min, but I cheat and do it sooner). Then after blotting, my makeup seems to go on easier and it looks better, too. 

Honored Contributor

I use Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF. They have several formulations. After I apply it over my face & neck, I style my hair, which gives it 5-10 minutes to set. Then I apply a tiny amount of primer followed by a CC cream or tinted moisturizer. I never have any issues with application. Btw I am in my mid 50s with oily skin.   

Honored Contributor

I don't wear sunscreen unless I know I'm going to be outside for awhile.  If I know I'll be outside a friend of mine gave me her Rodan & Fields sunscreen.  Apparently, it comes as part of her order and she doesn't use it up quickly enough.  I'm not going to wear my makeup down my neck and chest though.  When I'm skiing I use Elta MD tinted physical sunscreen.  It used to be a really nice formulation, but they changed the formula and now it's slimy and the color is this shiny tin man look.  I'll be looking for something else when I run out.  May just go back to Neutrogena for the face.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for the Australian Gold tinted SPF as it works well under makeup for me.  I also like and slightly prefer the Elta MD spf 41 tinted under makeup as it seems to act/feel like a primer. Both of them are physical only sunscreens.

Currently I actually mix a bit of IT Cosmetics CC cream with my tinted sunscreen and apply them together as my foundation.  With any of these options I first dust my moisturized face with some finishing powder before applying my sunscreen/foundation base.  It acts as a primer and seems to help it adhere. 

Regular Contributor

Love my IT CC cream !   Contains coverage, moisturizer and a SPF 50 ! Goes on smoothly, lasts all day.    felinemom

@just bee wrote:

@chiclet

Years ago I tried wearing an SPF under foundation and not only did it look terrible, it felt terrible.  I probably should take sunscreen more seriously (I live in New Mexico) but I choose to wear a CC cream with 20 SPF.

It's getting harder to find so I thought about looking for a replacement.  Supergoop! CC cream is SPF 35.

I visited their website and they carry quite a variety of SPF products.  You might want to take a look.

Honored Contributor

I really like Josie Maren’s  moisturizer with SPF.  I have both the tinted for my face  and the not tinted for my neck.

Respected Contributor

I have found, after trying so many products, that the HydroPeptide Solar Defense Non Tinted SPF50 works really great under makeup. It's not cheap but worth it for me. I have the Australian Gold but it's heavy, so I mix the two together sometimes, just so I can use the Australian Gold up.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

ELta md has one that’s all mineral and plays well with most makeup, just let it set a bit and blot like another poster set. I’m with you, I always wear sunscreen under makeup even if the makeup has spf. I use a blob the size of a nickel on my face and there’s no way I’d wear that much foundation.
Trusted Contributor

@chiclet

I wear a light spf 50 mineral based one that is very light and works fab with my foundations and Cc creams and all of them.

Epionce spf 50 I buy my skincare on skin care sites Lovelyskin has great sales and Dermstore. It's so very light a good sized tube and not off the wall in price. People even comment on how nice my skin is often,I'm almost near 62 - it's how my foundationand m/u looks I feel is the reason why and not getting much sun in my later years. Under my liquid foundation there's with no white cast and I bring it down to my chest but not in winter my chest is covered.

I like that it's a great line and really use lines that are have been around and trusted. It's high in Zinc which is the way to go. FYI my skin is on the dry side and this is thin but moist like a thinner lotion... it is not full of silicone's (hate those now on my skin). Josie's are no longer in my sun care arsenal.

I needed something like you more esthetically pleasing with makeup - her tinted and un-tinted was too heavy!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky