Trusted Contributor

Special Offer + Web Maintenance = Annoyed Customers

I just placed an order via phone because of web maintenance. There is an easy pay thing going on and, apparently, routine web maintenance. The customer service person said they are getting a lot of complaints.  No doubt.

Spoiler
Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

Re: Special Offer + Web Maintenance = Annoyed Customers

Yes.  Of all days to do web maintenance.  The temp is frigid in the northeast, so many shoppers are shopping on line.  I tried to place a lunchtime special order.  The banner message said that they have been having problems, but orders will go through.  I call cs to check and the rep said there was no order.  Good!  I am no longer interested in the item, and surely don't need it.  

It was an impulsive purchase which obviously the universe stepped in to help me. 

Happy Valentine's Day 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Occasional Contributor

I tried calling in my order, due to the inability to place my order online, and couldn't even get through. I gave up.

I've been trying to access my account since Friday, only to get the same "We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable" message. I too ended up calling CS to place my order, but I also needed to update some account information....still waiting for them to correct this apparently unresolvable problem !?  

Esteemed Contributor

I just tried logging on here and twice the message that I needed to create a nickname to use the forum came up.  I already have one and didn't want to change it.  It finally let me in but really QVC's website is one of the worst ever.

I haven't tried placing an order today but I wanted to my account and like others got the "it's not working now message".  Gee how often does that happen?  Every day it seems.

It is President's Day weekend, some people are off, the weather is cold and many people would probably like to shop and here QVC is making it more difficult than it needs to be.

Dumb!

Honored Contributor

I'm always in awe of the many occasions wherein QVC prevents its customers from ordering!!!!!!!!!  I guess they just plain don't need the business!!!!  This happens so frequently that I can't imagine that they care at all about the lost sales.  Oh well, fortunately other places want the business that QVC can't seem to handle.

Honored Contributor

Weird -  I signed inot my account mid-morning and checked my entire AD list, my EZPay numbers and did a quick scan of my whole order status.  No problems.  Then I spent a few expensive hours at the car delaership and now.  No sign in problems this time either.

Did I slip in between the issues or are they just sporadic?

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Yes I had the same thing during the easypay offer this afternoon...I gave up and figured I would wait til the product had the next special, and save money..

Honored Contributor

QVC doesn't care. THis isn't the first time, it won't be the last.