Respected Contributor

Re: Speaking of "older"......

Maybe things have changed since this thread originally started a year ago.  Revlon had such a line.  It was pretty good.  Twofold problem.  People the age range it was designed for avoided it like the plague, and second, it was high-priced for drugstore. So it was discontinued.

Honored Contributor

Some older models on the Q help IT demo foundation & do the line no favors!!! They look older w/ full coverage foundation, shiny powder, colored eye makeup, etc. At 60, I started using a tinted moisturizer w/ SPF, a little concealer where needed, cream blush, a primer for lids instead of shadow that takes away the redness, mascara, a little brow pencil & a moisturizing nude/pink lipstick. I always read that as we age, with makeup...less is more. Also a dewey finish is more youthful than one that's powered down. No special line of makeup needed for over 60, just go easy on products!

Valued Contributor

Hi :

TO those who mentioned CIndy Joseph and Boom Products , Yes I use her products . I am 52 yrs old with combo /acne prone skin .I sue her products in addition to some from W3ll People and Becca . They are really wonderful I use the color stick ( a beautiful healthy rose/berry tone and the glimmer a champagne color . I also use her BOOMSIlk under my eyes neck and body . My face is on the oily side , so I just use it when my skin get a bit drier ( winter ) SHe has a wonderful postive message for woman of all ages . To celebrate your age ,she always says you are the right age, shape , color and size . I see people ask about BOOM on some threads , I will say if you are the type of person  who likes mutlple step and layers to your skin care routine or  makeup  looks with 3 eyeshadows , contoured cheeks etc. This probably will not appeal to you . If you are serious about finding a simple, flattering look with a few key products . It is definitely worth taking a look at her  web site

Frequent Contributor

Re: Speaking of ""older""......

wow  you need to chill

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Some older models on the Q help IT demo foundation & do the line no favors!!! They look older w/ full coverage foundation, shiny powder, colored eye makeup, etc. At 60, I started using a tinted moisturizer w/ SPF, a little concealer where needed, cream blush, a primer for lids instead of shadow that takes away the redness, mascara, a little brow pencil & a moisturizing nude/pink lipstick. I always read that as we age, with makeup...less is more. Also a dewey finish is more youthful than one that's powered down. No special line of makeup needed for over 60, just go easy on products!

Uh, "dewy" often translates to wet looking, and if a foundation isn't set with some sort of finishing powder,  it can smear and come off on any number of things.

Where did you read that this is "more youthful" ?

Honored Contributor

This has been a wonderful thread.  Thanks to everyone's contribution.  I have never liked (on me) a lot of make up and until I've aged have never really used a lot, but now... sheesh.... mild rosacea on cheeks, some small brown spots from the sun, eyebrows disappearing from the doctor freezing off little pre-cancers...  and I'm pretty happy if I can just blur the look on my face, fill in my brows and find blush and lipstick in the pinks, no yellows.  So far I've been very happy with what I've selected from IT Cosmetics.

When the day comes that I can no longer blur it/camoflauge it all so I'm happy with my face, I'll be the half blonde/half gray lady with the deep red lipstick overshooting my lip line, the too dark eyebrows and the blush that screams "Raggity Ann"... I'll be in purple and red just because I want to and walking up to McDonald's in my sensible shoes (or boots)....  if you see me, please wave and say hi!!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*