Valued Contributor

Re: Speaking of ""older""......

You can still keep the mascara

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 serenity4ever said:

I have a strong feeling that it would not sell. Women prefer to think of themselves as having the ability to look younger than their chronological age so the fantasy factor would be gone. I also believe that any makeup line can be adapted for a woman over 60. All she need do is apply with a less heavy hand and choose colors carefully.

I like your idea but I just don't know how successful it would be....

ITA! I don't think anyone wants to buy makeup for ""old faces"".....I sure don't! Using a lighter

hand with the makeup you already have will work if you use the right colors

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 bunjetto said:

You can still keep the mascara{#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 queenfrannie said:

This was a very nice topic until the nasty one made her comments!

ITA! I read the first few words and knew who it was. Really nasty...To the OP and those agreeing with her, or not...please know that this is a very valid post and you are not at fault for anything! Issues Much?

Michelle

Esteemed Contributor

read somewhere that applying the lighter one in the bottom 1/3 of face and the darker one above gives the illusion of fuller lower face (at 64 I have lost weight and volume, sadly) and think there is some visible difference in doing that...just make sure to blend...blend.(AmbersMom)

Thanks for all the tips. The above is one I never heard before, but it makes sense: dark recedes, light brings forward. I heard Suzanne Sommers say recently that as you age, you should wear a darker shade foundation b/c you lose a lot of color.

Great post, OP! I think it would be wonderful to have full lines of cosmetics for the mature woman. With baby boomers and the big market of mature woman, there is a need for this. We shouldn't have to be Inspector Cleausau hunting and hunting, making mistakes and wasting money along the way.

Valued Contributor

On 2/21/2014 just bee said:

So you know you really want to try it and now you know you can keep the mascara..... well? Don't make me do it...I'll do it you know I will... already in my cart but I am not only keeping the mascara have to have the liner too{#emotions_dlg.lol}

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 just bee said:

So you know you really want to try it and now you know you can keep the mascara..... well? Don't make me do it...I'll do it you know I will... already in my cart but I am not only keeping the mascara have to have the liner too{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I think that's why some ladies might not buy this product. Women look at the website and the videos and freak out. But where's the foundation?

We've been trained to cover our facial skin with a flesh-colored base product. Even if it bears no resemblance to the color on the rest of our bodies.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

LuluCCS.. May I ask you what your youtube channel is. I would really like to check it out. TIA!

Michelle

Super Contributor

Many women in their 50's...60...& up feel as you do, so your post is valid. I don't think you will see a complete line of makeup for just mature women covering every aspect of products because there are so many products on the market that work for mature skin.

I would suggest you give more info. on your skin type, fine lines or deeper wrinkles, crepy eyelids or not, you get my point as we all age differently. Many women in their 60's, my Mother being one has fine lines. I have helped her on choosing a better look for her age, using basically what she has but with a lighter application with some new products all from different lines.

Honored Contributor

AVON has makeup, supposedly it firms and smoothies. They also have lipsticks for older ladies. But let's get real, makeup turn back the hands of time. It's not the makeup, it's the colors you choose and how you apply it that matter. And good primer. Porcelain needs primer.