Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,480
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Speaking of False Claims

[ Edited ]

A HSN host said using a certain beauty product would take 10 years off your appearance....uh, please!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: Speaking of False Claims

To me it's no different than saying a garment will make you look taller and thinner. It's a sales tactic and you should know by now that lieing is not against the law. Buyer beware.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,573
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Re: Speaking of False Claims

So, if I use this on my 15 year old niece, she'll look like she's five years old?  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,657
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Speaking of False Claims

Actually, if you cover your age spots and dark circles.......with ANY brand cosmetics, you can look much younger than without..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,523
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Speaking of False Claims


@ellaphant wrote:

A HSN host said using a certain beauty product would take 10 years off your appearance....uh, please!


@ellaphant

 

That would be called a 'snake oil' salesman back in the day, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,918
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Speaking of False Claims

We could just color our gray hair.  That will take 15 years off and the HSN beauty product will take off another 10.

 

wow!  Imagine looking 25 years younger.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎05-10-2013

Re: Speaking of False Claims

There are so many false claims on HSN and QVC it is almost funny. The lighting is always different and the face is lifted slightly in the beauty shows to make it look like the product is erasing wrinkles.

The Vionic girls stand there with their foot turned in and when she puts on the shoe she turns her foot to raise the arch. It is so obvious.

The body cremes and lotions that get rid of crepe skin and they show the difference. ANY lotion or creme applied to your skin makes it look smoother.

The callous remover on feet, that is the worst. You can tell the host and rep have wax on their feet because no one has feet that look like theirs especially IF they use the product as they say they do.

Don't even get me started on the cosmetic people that swear they have had no work done and their product makes them look like they do. Dr. Denese is a good example.

I really don't understand how they all get away with pure blatant lies. Just how many space heaters, humidifiers, cookwear, shoes or hair products can they use, wear or own?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,523
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Speaking of False Claims

[ Edited ]

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

There are so many false claims on HSN and QVC it is almost funny. The lighting is always different and the face is lifted slightly in the beauty shows to make it look like the product is erasing wrinkles.

The Vionic girls stand there with their foot turned in and when she puts on the shoe she turns her foot to raise the arch. It is so obvious.

The body cremes and lotions that get rid of crepe skin and they show the difference. ANY lotion or creme applied to your skin makes it look smoother.

The callous remover on feet, that is the worst. You can tell the host and rep have wax on their feet because no one has feet that look like theirs especially IF they use the product as they say they do.

Don't even get me started on the cosmetic people that swear they have had no work done and their product makes them look like they do. Dr. Denese is a good example.

I really don't understand how they all get away with pure blatant lies. Just how many space heaters, humidifiers, cookwear, shoes or hair products can they use, wear or own?


@happygolfcartrider

 

I agree, especially about Dr. Denese. If her products work so good, why did she have plastic surgery not long ago, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,849
Registered: ‎03-28-2015

Re: Speaking of False Claims

Sometimes when the show the 'after' pictures....I think they looked better in the 'before'...LOL

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,918
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Speaking of False Claims


@KingstonsMomIG wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

There are so many false claims on HSN and QVC it is almost funny. The lighting is always different and the face is lifted slightly in the beauty shows to make it look like the product is erasing wrinkles.

The Vionic girls stand there with their foot turned in and when she puts on the shoe she turns her foot to raise the arch. It is so obvious.

The body cremes and lotions that get rid of crepe skin and they show the difference. ANY lotion or creme applied to your skin makes it look smoother.

The callous remover on feet, that is the worst. You can tell the host and rep have wax on their feet because no one has feet that look like theirs especially IF they use the product as they say they do.

Don't even get me started on the cosmetic people that swear they have had no work done and their product makes them look like they do. Dr. Denese is a good example.

I really don't understand how they all get away with pure blatant lies. Just how many space heaters, humidifiers, cookwear, shoes or hair products can they use, wear or own?


@happygolfcartrider

 

I agree, especially about Dr. Denese. If her products work so good, why did she have plastic surger not long ago, LOL!


Skin products cannot lift the skin. You must have plastic surgery for that.  Dr Denese  products are supposed to moisturize and hydrate the skin. Two different issues.

 

She has never hidden the fact that she had work done.