Super Contributor

Re: Spay and Neuter Release Ferals Program

On 1/11/2014 rina33 said:

NO NO NO!!! The trap, spay release program is THE WORST program I've ever seen in my life. I now have a cat who adopted me last year. She was one of the MANY cats that roam my neighborhood from the TSR or (TNR trap, neuter release) program. That picture you posted is what I see ALL THE TIME. This little kitty used to sleep on my front porch COVERED IN SNOW. Earlier this week, a TNR cat who's been living in my neighbor's back yard for 3 years was sleeping on top of some snow covered leaves when it was 20 degrees outside.

When it was -6, yes, 6 BELOW ZERO earlier this week, I wondered where my little "Miss Kitty" would be sleeping if she weren't in my house.

What a horrible life these poor kitties have. I HATE THE TNR PROGRAM!

It's the most INHUMANE idea I've ever heard of.

The only alternative to TNR is euthanasia. Would you rather all ferals are trapped and killed? TNR works very well in controlling feral cat populations. Those of us who participate in TNR also take on the responsibility of feeding and sheltering the neutered ferals.

I feed four ferals. They shelter on my patio and in the bushes in my back yard. Ferals are not domestic cats. Like wild animals they learn how to take care of themselves in the wild. If you provide food, they roam less and don't feel the need to hunt in order to eat.