Contributor

Spackle versus It Cosmetics No. 50 Primer?

I just ordered the Supersize original Spackle Primer.  I see the It No. 50 Primer is now avaible in supersize.  I'm tempted to try it.

Has anyone tried both Spackle and the It primer?  I love the original Spackle!  But if It is better than orginal Spackle for makeup wear, I'd love to give it a try!

Thanks for your advice!

Honored Contributor

Re: Spackle versus It Cosmetics No. 50 Primer?

[ Edited ]

@ClaudiaM...I've used both, although I will admit it's been a few years since I used Spackle. I remember it feeling thick & goopy, but I think many ladies love it. I adore IT No. 50 and the super-size is how i always buy it. It's light, smells heavenly and provides a great canvas for perfect foundation application. I'm out so may have to get this, although I have recently started using Paula's Choice primer and am in love. IT No. 50 may just be calling my name, though.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used several variations of Spackle. The one Ilike best is the one with moisturizer. I have never found any of them  to be "goopy" at all.I find my MU lasts all day. When I find a product I like I'm faithful to it and this is a product I like.

Valued Contributor

I've used both and like the IT primer better.

Valued Contributor

I have tried both. I returned the IT primer when I used it. I found it to be too oily/slick/greasy and that my makeup did not last.  I also thought that the dispensing methods were not appropriate because you would not get enough to cover your face and neck.  Additionally, if I had actually liked the product it was far too pricy for me, based on how much you needed to use.  I have never found Spackle to be goopy, only very light and serum like. I also like that you can select a bronze, ethereal, moisturizing, etc. form of the product.  My makeup lasts all day.  However, they claim in the presentations you could, if you wanted, just go without makeup and only your Spackle.  This does not offer any coverage, actually neither product does.

Regular Contributor

I have used both and have decided now that I prefer iT's No. 50...why?  it makes your face 'mat'...and makeup goes on easily.  Spackle used to be my favorite, BUT...it is more like a 'silicone' type and tends to ''ball up'' into little pieces in some places.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@ClaudiaM...I've used both, although I will admit it's been a few years since I used Spackle. I remember it feeling thick & goopy, but I think many ladies love it. I adore IT No. 50 and the super-size is how i always buy it. It's light, smells heavenly and provides a great canvas for perfect foundation application. I'm out so may have to get this, although I have recently started using Paula's Choice primer and am in love. IT No. 50 may just be calling my name, though.

I have tried both and prefer the IT No. 50.  

@SurferWife, where are you getting the super-sized IT, QVC?  I got on Auto-Delivery for the IT No. 50 once, but figured out the price wasn't any better than at Ulta so cancelled.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I have tried both and prefer the IT No. 50.  

@SurferWife, where are you getting the super-sized IT, QVC?  I got on Auto-Delivery for the IT No. 50 once, but figured out the price wasn't any better than at Ulta so cancelled.

@Icegoddess...I get my supersize from QVC. I don't have Ulta where I live.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

The It No 50 primer in supersize is item A268956. Thanks for all of your advice!

This board is the best! I have learned so much here.