Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Spa-Rific laser etched glass nail files

@qualityshopper 

Thanks, I hope it works for you once you get used to it. It's actually confusing to compare it with glass files, because it is a completely different thing. It's the surface that's remarkable--much finer than even the finest emery, metal or regular glass file. The laser texture is so fine that it does NOT tear at your nails or your skin, it just gently smooths. I have ordered more for gifts and may order a set as a spare because I don't want to use any other file again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also bought glass nail files from Amazon.  I don't remember which but the ones I got had good reviews.  They are ok, but these new ones from QVC work so much better.  Just a matter of preference I guess.

Valued Contributor

Still experimenting with these. I compared these nail files to my old glass ones and found that these are thicker. Don't think that is why I'm having trouble, just noting that difference. All I know is that I have absolutely no trouble using the old ones, but these new ones keep "sliding" off of my nails as I file. Think I'll try the Mont Bleu files from Amazon. Thanks everyone for all of the great advice.

Valued Contributor

I'm late to the post but want to share how much I like these new files.  I have been using the Julip glass file for some time but this is so nice and the laser finish makes all the difference. 

I use a magnifying desk light to do my nails and can see the nail dust comes off the nail in a different texture than the reg. glass file.  This file is nice for cleanng off the dry cuticle attached to the nail above the live cuticle.

It is also good for buffing down a rough dry skin edge that has been clipped off at the sides of the nails.  Additionally, it cleans the underside of the fingernail and makes them whiter.  I can see the finished edges of my nails under the magnification and they are polished!

I tried the quick buff demo, I think they show three swipes across.  My older nails are uneven and only parts of my nails shine.  I am very cautious about buffing as I recall many years ago there were problems with over buffing and nail thinning. (I think the buffers were not sold for a while.) I'm not going to buff because I an just going to use my Duri Rejuvicote after filing.

The foot file works well also.  My feet feel much smoother than when I have used other methods. 

I don't think I will ever part with my new files.

Respected Contributor

LOVE these! Best I ever found and can't compare to the cheap glass ones. I liked these so much I immediately went to order a set for my SIL and couldn't....sold out I guess. One of my fave beauty item purchases from Q this year. Hope they reorder so I can too. Great product!

Occasional Contributor

Still waiting for mine to be shipped.  They were ordered back in August for the TSV and I don't know what's taking so long.

Respected Contributor

These are the best. I got a set from Q and bought a different brand from HSN and this brand at the Q was far better

Deb