Trusted Contributor

Re: Spa-Rific laser etched glass nail files

I bought a similiar set from Amazon for $18 and it includes a foot file,two nail files and a small towel and a storage case. I have been using glass nail files for years but wanted to try one for my feet. 

Regular Contributor

It is now  15 days since I ordered the nail files.  Still waiting.  The Brand Ambassador doesn't tell the truth about availability.  I am tired of QVC playing this trick after orders have been placed.  So when I receive it, if I ever do it will go back.  Others on this blog have paid less and gottten it from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I bought a glass nail file years ago from a local pharmacy.  Never have a problem with it doing what it's supposed to do, and it's as good and effective today as it was when I first bought it.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I thought this tsv was a tad pricey for what it was so I bought a set of three glass files on Amazon Prime for $3.99, no shipping.  They work very well.

@patbz  I found the cheaper Amazon glass files were a rip off.  They didn't file smoothly at all.  I pitched them and upgraded to a set of 3 for about $20 and and been using them successfully for several years.  Use them exactly like any ordinary fingernail file. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I bought a 3 pc set on Amazon a few years ago for $10, still working just fine for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

These files are not the traditional glass files.

they have laser cuts on them, not the sand finish.  I put them flush with my hails.  If you lean them a little either up or down, they don't work.  You must keep them flat against your nail.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualityshopper   I did not have any problem with the nail files or the foot file.  That foot file really takes care of business and it does not hurt.  You can search the name of the file set and they are sold out but i am not sure if you can view the video so check it out,  If you keep having problems, simply return it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I finally got mine and they are different than the usual glass files I have had in the past.  The glass files I have had in the past have a grit that wears off where you file your nails and then it is just glass.  Don't know how these will be long term.  The nail files seem fine.  The foot file worked but not sure it works better than the metal one I have.  I don't have any complaints.  I think it will take time to see how they last.  I do like that the nail files each come in a case that you can put in your handbag. 

Regular Contributor

I've only used glass nail files for years now. You want ones made from etched glass, not the ones with a sprayed on coating (the coating wears down relatively quickly). Czech tempered glass is another characteristic to look for. I've been happy with the Mont Bleu files I've had. They're resonably priced  and still are just as effective years late.

A year or so ago I "splurged" a bit and ordered a four piece set from Germankure. It has the usual standard and short length files, plus a curved one and a cuticle pusher. Absolutely love this set. I was mainly needing to replace my curved file, which I'd broken. Over the years I'd also lost my glass cuticle pusher (tho I have to admit I'd never actually used it all that much when I had it). Anyway, excellent quality. The leather case (lots of colors available) keeps everything together and provides a bit of protection.

Honored Contributor

got mine yesterday---wow---they work very well on feet and nails--got some from AMZ too----they don't hold a candle to the Spa ones---