Super Contributor

Re: Spa Headbands - Any recommendations?

AngelPup, I've had some from dear knows when and they've 'died'. searching ever since. the ones I loved were from Family Dollar. they were a kind of knited style, not solid, and they were at least 4 - 5" wide. Loved them! Been checking ebay etc ever since they 'died'. going to now check suggestions from here. thanks ladies!

Honored Contributor

I had some that were very wide, stretchy terri and were really cheap from one of the dollar places. They lasted for years and were so comfortable. I recently purchased one from a department store that looked similar and paid way more than I wanted. Once I started using it, I hated it! It is so tight it is uncomfortable, but the worse part is, it keeps popping off my head. In the trash it went!

Who would think it would be so hard to find comfortable bands for this purpose? I am surprised more places don't carry them.

I am looking into the Tassi products. Hopefully they are what I want. In the meantime if anyone runs into any any where, please post!

Thanks so much!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I also just use the wide stretchy ones from the dollar store. The wide ones are also great for when I use the curling iron on my bangs. I use it to protect my forehead from the iron. As soon as I do the bangs, I then remove it to do the rest of my hair. It has saved my forehead from getting burned.

Occasional Contributor

I've had my Tassi for over a year, but the elastic finally went after too many washings. In my search for a new one I came across the turbie bands. Same concept as the Tassie. I found a set of 3 on ebay with 3 of the turbie towels for $22. Same set as on the Q but cheaper and without outrageous shipping cost. I really like these for keeping hair off my face for cleansing and applying make up. They don't leave any marks or flattened hair.
Respected Contributor

I found them on Overstock . com of all places!

If you google Tassi headbands, there are some other places that have them also.

Super Contributor

Sally Beauty carries a wide terrycloth headband with Velcro so it's adjustable. I've had mine for years.

Trusted Contributor

I like these Turbie Bands. I've purchased them at CVS for $4.99 and Bed Bath and Beyond also carries them. http://www.drugstore.com/turbie-twist-head-band/qxp373911
Super Contributor

I need one too, glad you started this thread.

The Tassi headbands are great until you wash them a few times and then the elastic stretches out and they don't work anymore. I threw mine out.

I haven't gone yet, but I am planning to go to Sally Beauty and see what they have.

Right now until I can find a good one I am just using a regular cheapie headband from Target.

Honored Contributor

Thanks,everyone! You've given me some ideas of where to make some more searches. And I always forget about Sally's!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 imaclotheshog said:

The Tassi headbands are great until you wash them a few times and then the elastic stretches out and they don't work anymore. I threw mine out.

I've had my Tassi headbands for years, and the elastic hasn't stretched out on mine. I love them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau