New Contributor

South Seas Island Glow Bronzer

Does anyone know if this bronzer is shimmery? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: South Seas Island Glow Bronzer

Google took me to their website, which descibes it this way:

"Introduced primarily for the contestants on Dancing With The Stars, this instant body bronzer provides an exotic, shimmery glow that dries immediately without streaking or rubbing off. Does not contain DHA. Fresh scent, paraben-free. Size: 6.7 oz."

Honored Contributor

Even the QVC description says this:

What is it: South Seas Island Glow Body Bronzer is a formula that gives you an instant, shimmering, exotic glow.

Who is it for: Created for those seeking an instant bronzed glow with a shimmery look for parties, events, and everyday wear without using a self-tanner. This lotion will give you a temporary island glow.

Why is it different: This exotic, clean-scented bronzer has a commitment-free formula that's universal.

How do I use it: Apply a small amount and massage quickly and evenly into desired areas. Layer for a darker tone.

Did you not look at all before you asked?

Valued Contributor

hi!  I am at Southseas Island Resort on Captiva Island right now !,  Not sure about the bronzer but had to respond to the name.....beautiful here.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

@BrooklynBella  I was wondering about the shimmer, too, because I saw "shimmering exotic glow" stated in the product description, but I really couldn't see any shimmer during the presentation I watched.  There was a earlier South Seas thread a couple of weeks ago, and I asked about the shimmer.  The OP of that thread replied that it isn't glittery, but more of a shimmer glow.  She also said it looked fine in the sunlight (I had asked about that, too).  She, also, mentioned she really liked the bronze color and thought it looked really natural, but she did state it's very "perfumey."  She ended up returning it because of how highly fragranced it is.  If you want to read the thread, here it is:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/South-Seas-Island-Glow-Instant-Body-Bronzer/m-p/2675715/highlight... 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

Most of the reviews are positive with just a few not liking

the shimmer.  It sounds pretty mild from what I've read.  I ordered

it so. will let you know what my thoughts are.  I don't object to a bit 

of shimmer on the body - just don't love on my face anymore.

I also didn't notice lots of shimmer during the presentation either and 

she applied quite a bit of product.

Respected Contributor

@Wackers3  It may be too soon, but have you received your South Seas Bronzer yet?  Can you post your thoughts, after you've had a chance to try it?  TIA 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

i like celery - Hey there, you timed it just right as I just received it and tried it yesterday.  When I first applied it, it did look way too shimmery but then as time went on, that did seem to die way down and not be nearly as noticeable.  I was impressed with how darn quick it dries - it is almost instantaneous which is nice.  I also slept with it on and there was not one mark on my white sheets.  Some hours had passed since I applied it but I was still impressed with that feature.

When I did wake up with it still on, it looked more natural to me.  My biggest issue with it and why I may end up returning is that I have those patches where you lose all color in your skin (on my legs primarily) and the bronzer definitely didn't work on those areas so it made them more obvious.  But again, the next day, it looked a lot more subtle so I am still on the fence.  It is a very pretty color and coming from me that says a lot because I am a true Irish with the freckles and all so bronzers can look really bad on me too - this one did not.

My approach if I do keep it will be to apply it at least a few hours before I want to head out to give it time to become more subtle.  Yet depending on one's skin tone, it may work great for those with darker skin to begin with - remember I am one with that light, reddish freckled skin so it needs to settle in a bit more for me.

Very easy to wash off hands.  I think this may appeal to quite a few users and the shimmer definitelt does die down after a bit.

Just for your FYI - saw a brief airing this AM on HSN showing a bronzer by Benefit and they made a big deal pointing out that there's is a completely matte finish with no shimmer at all.  Guess many out there today do have shimmer in them.  I did not see the entire presentation but think it would be worth checking out.

One other observation - this South Seas Island Glow did leave my skin quite hydrated which is no easy feat on my skin.  Often I have to apply whatever I use after showering again and again and the area I applied South Seas appeared to not become all dried out for an extended period of time..   

Good luck and hope this helps some~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Respected Contributor

@Wackers3  Thanks so much for the great details!  I really appreciate you taking the time to post your very informative "review."  Also, thanks for the scoop on the self tanner from  Benefit.  I watched the video, and it seems really nice.  And no shimmer -- yay!  I see there's no shipping and handling, so that's a plus, too.  I'm still debating on South Seas.  I'll probably get it, but now I want the Benefit product, too.  Thanks for the enabling.  haha Smiley Very Happy  

On top of it all, I received an email from Sephora about a deluxe size sample of Tarte's BrazilliancePlus+ self tanner.  Too much temptation!  

Thanks, again, @Wackers3.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥