Respected Contributor

Re: Sorta OT: My poor husband

I usually just surf by when my husband is home watching tv with me. It is so funny that lately he will make remarks about how unattractive some fashions are or how silly the hosts and models look dancing around.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2015 Icegoddess said:

Anything slightly sexy he says "You should get that." It doesn't matter that it won't look anything like that on me.

This is sweet. It means in his eyes, he still finds you lovely. Even if you don't think you'd look nice in something, he does and that's wonderful. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2015 kcladyyz said:

Too bad his arms don't work and he couldn't change the channel.

I have control over the remote and he was across the room. I actually wouldn't have had a problem with him changing it. I wasn't interested anyway. They spent way too much time on that one product.

Valued Contributor

LOL! At least he lasted 45 minutes until he started glazing. Too funny! He sounds like a nice, considerate husband.

I usually watch the shopping channels on my computer and usually it's beauty related. However when Dimitri from Skinn is on, I put it on the tv. So anytime my husband catches it, he'll say oh, your boyfriends on the air. LOL! Once a month, like clockwork.

Respected Contributor

He ain't seen nuthin' yet until he's seen Poo-Pouri on air, especially when a certain host who uses childish verbiage is on.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

Your husband sounds like a sweet guy.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 beautybee said:

LOL! At least he lasted 45 minutes until he started glazing. Too funny! He sounds like a nice, considerate husband.

I usually watch the shopping channels on my computer and usually it's beauty related. However when Dimitri from Skinn is on, I put it on the tv. So anytime my husband catches it, he'll say oh, your boyfriends on the air. LOL! Once a month, like clockwork.

The only "celebrity" my husband ever comments on me watching is Mike Holmes from Holmes on Homes. If you aren't familiar with him, he goes in and fixes problems that other contractors have made in people's homes. My husband complains that all he does is put down other people's work. I tell him that the people wouldn't have called him in if the guy had done a good job and then there wouldn't be a show.

I just think he is jealous and feels inadequate because he isn't handy in that way. I'm just jealous that I am not more handy.

Respected Contributor

I thought you were going to say that he placed an order for something...lol Which my husband has done on occasion. He called them ""your shopping channels"" and he'd just rolls his eyes. And then...late one night...he discovered Invicta watches on Snbc and there was no holding him back....lol

Valued Contributor

My DH knows more about Dimitri and Adrienne then he 'd like to know!!! But he humors me and he actually finds them both pretty outrageous, in small doses!!!

Valued Contributor

Don't these ""poor"" men read?! Even my daughter will open a book if I'm watching something she's not interested in.