Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Dr Dalton, a chiropractor, has NEVER made a color cosmetic that is compatible with my skin tone.  A nude for me is mahogany or perhaps walnut.  I watch her presentations anyway and respect her accomplishments and admire her fortitude but- her world is exclusionary.  She can't see me or anyone like me .  She repeats ad nauseum "these colors look good on everyone". A willfully ignorant statement.  Perhaps if she'd attended a legitimate , accredited medical school she would have learned that people come in more varied shades than paper white, alabaster and beige.

and, yes it's something to get upset about, her practice stretches beyond "just lipstick"

ps passing oneself off as Doctor is offensive to those who've spent the 6 to 10 years of complete immersion in study and service, having actually earned the title.  

I just sent back her fair selection in foundation. It was bright orange in tone on my porcelain skin. So even those of us you describe as paper white aren't able to wear her foundation. She needs to widen her color chart...

Respected Contributor

Her lip colors are for the very young. They even look terrible on her.

Honored Contributor

There’s a huge difference between nude lip colors and dead looking ones. Some look like foundation put on the lips. 

If I wear a nude lip, it must have some hint of pink to bring life to my face.

Frequent Contributor

Love Doris, and hate these shades. Gray, gray and wack a doodle texture. Watching them actually separate on the lip — like oil and water - and then...highlight lip wrinkles is disappointing. Leah raved so hard on these - sigh.