Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have very fair, what people describe to me as being porcelain skin. No lipsticks looks as well on me as Doris's nude collection. I ordered from QVC and her website. The compliments and questions as to where I bought them keep on coming.

Bright lipsticks look like over-kill on me. They look silly on me at 64 because it doesn't look natural on me. When I use the Nude Collection of lipsticks, they just enhance my complexion and my eyes stand out, not my lipstick.

To each their own, I guess.....

@Trinity11  I have Porcelain skin as well. When my hair was dark, the nude shades were more natural looking on me. Now that my hair is white, I still prefer nude but with a little more pink.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LoveMyBaby

I do not classify my self as a Senior, that is just me, maybe when I turn 70, it has nothing to do with Social Security, it is my mindset

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am 62 not yet a senior, I love nude tones but really dislike Doris' lippies

@I am still oxox

Consused, If you can begin collecting social security retirement benefits and your pension starting at age 62, doesn't that describe one as senior citizen? 

@I am still oxox  I feel the same way and I'm 63!

Honored Contributor

Well I have tried all shades of nude colors and they ALL look terrible on me!  Maybe I just didn't find the right one but they look so nice on a lot of other women....I'll keep trying.

I have medium olive skin and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a warm or cool tone.  I look good in deep jewel tones and tend to wear shades of red & berry lipstick.  I can't wear any light color since I have pigmented lips.

One of my favorite everyday lipsticks is the Laura Geller lip crayons in Plum freeze.  It's a transparent deep shade.  (It looks darker than it really is) but adds so much color to my face.

I'm interested in the Tarte Lip Sculptor & Lip Gloss  A339251 .  They look like they might be beautiful colors but as I mentioned in another thread on the video they don't mention the colors once!  It's Courtney who just keeps talking about silly stuff and not the lipstick colors.

Esteemed Contributor

Doll 10 nude shades of lipstick and gloss have a yellow undertone which makes my teeth look yellow. I also do not like the double end tubes as they do not come apart like her older versions from several years ago. 

Rose and berry shades with a blue undertone look much better on me. I do like the texture and scent of Doris Dalton's Doll 10 lipsticks and glosses though.

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with the women's lip color in the photo posted in this thread.  I think they all look beautiful. 

I've never bought that collection but I did buy a Doll Ten lip crayon collection and every color is wearable for me which is highly unusual.  There isn't a clunker in the bunch for me.

Honored Contributor

I am a warm tone, med tan skin , and Doris's 1st set(the original) look very nice on me-just enough color to not look totally washed out. I did not order this new set, and I did not see the presentation either.....

.I have to be careful of nudes, because of my skintone, I can look really washed out if they don't have enough color in them..... 

I will watch for reviews!

Honored Contributor

I still love nudes or sheers. Lipstick Queen does sheers so beautifully - esp.medievil.A sheer red - perfect color. 

However, I did not like the shades of Doris Dalton's nudes this year.

Valued Contributor

Have any of you been here long enough to remember Doris' Coffee lipsticks.  They were the best.. all different shades of nudes and flavors.  I would love to see those again.  I also bought her collection of Pearl Lipsticks but didn't wear them as often.

Trusted Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

Have any of you been here long enough to remember Doris' Coffee lipsticks.  They were the best.. all different shades of nudes and flavors.  I would love to see those again.  I also bought her collection of Pearl Lipsticks but didn't wear them as often.

Yep, it was a really nice set. I don’t remember how many were in there but they were good colors and smelled divine! 

Trusted Contributor

Dr Dalton, a chiropractor, has NEVER made a color cosmetic that is compatible with my skin tone.  A nude for me is mahogany or perhaps walnut.  I watch her presentations anyway and respect her accomplishments and admire her fortitude but- her world is exclusionary.  She can't see me or anyone like me .  She repeats ad nauseum "these colors look good on everyone". A willfully ignorant statement.  Perhaps if she'd attended a legitimate , accredited medical school she would have learned that people come in more varied shades than paper white, alabaster and beige.

and, yes it's something to get upset about, her practice stretches beyond "just lipstick"

ps passing oneself off as Doctor is offensive to those who've spent the 6 to 10 years of complete immersion in study and service, having actually earned the title.