Super Contributor

I think you are very sweet,  but your Nude lip collection does not do anyone a favor. Those bland dull colors are NOT flattering, and make the models look like they have been embalmed.  We need a  brighter color on our lips to make the face look alive.  Especially we seniors.

Honored Contributor

I am a senior and do not care for bright lip colors esp: red. I look much better in the lighter to nude colors. I have very fair skin.

Trusted Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

I think you are very sweet,  but your Nude lip collection does not do anyone a favor. Those bland dull colors are NOT flattering, and make the models look like they have been embalmed.  We need a  brighter color on our lips to make the face look alive.  Especially we seniors.

I like Doris too, and agree. 

⚓️
Super Contributor

Let me amend my first statement.  I didn't mean bright or red shades, but something with more color than those nudes. We need some color on our lips.  And matte lipsticks also do not look flattering on us.  I also have fair skin. It takes a bit of searching to get the right shades that fall between pale and too bright.  But they are available. 

Honored Contributor

I am 62 not yet a senior, I love nude tones but really dislike Doris' lippies

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry Doris...

[ Edited ]

I agree, the host looked sickly in the lippie she was wearing. I think she looks better in her usual, more berry-red color.

Honored Contributor

Wow, you made that determination for every other woman on the entire planet...lol   

Respected Contributor

Re: Sorry Doris...

[ Edited ]

I agree. I tried her colors, & sent them back.

Nudes are great, but imo they need to have some color to them. The best nude for me has been MAC's "Brave" satin lipstick. I also use their lip primer as a base.

I'm not really a MAC fan, but these 2 items work well for me. Like most brands, the lipstick is a tiny bit drying (not bad, though), & the primer definitely helps with that. The satin formula is really nice, too. Heart

Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

Let me amend my first statement.  I didn't mean bright or red shades, but something with more color than those nudes. We need some color on our lips.  And matte lipsticks also do not look flattering on us.  I also have fair skin. It takes a bit of searching to get the right shades that fall between pale and too bright.  But they are available. 

You can't stop yourself....lol   You can have your own personal opinion regarding yourself but no one died and left you boss of all lip colors for anyone else.  YOU might need some color on your lips, that doesn't translate into ALL women.

Respected Contributor

Relax, it's just a post....not worth getting upset over. And btw, I totally agree with the OP. Smiley Happy