Honored Contributor

When I worked I went to bed around nine thirty and awoke at five thirty.  I did that for 41 years.  After retirement I began to stay up later and later.  Of course that meant getting up later in the morning.  I am definitely a night owl now and hate getting up early.  In fact I have my best sleep in the morning hours!  

I do have to say when I get up early, I feel the day doesn't go by as fast and I get more done.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Boy does this ever resonate (she types at 2:03am while DH is sound asleep)

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, a structured routine is something I lack since our daughter moved out at 18 to go to college and then married.  My husband keeps telling me I need a routine.  I HAVE a routine.  It's called a "no routine" routine Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes......

[ Edited ]

I am a really early morning person.  I naturally wake up between 3 or 4 in the morning and am fully awake and full of energy.  Even if I just layed there I would not fall back to sleep.  I never needed an alarm clock.    Workout   for 2 hours or so every morning and walk with my dog when it gets light.  Any housework gets done early or  not at all.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ive never been a morning person ever since I was a child. When I was a kid, I my mom would take me to our yard while I still had my eyes closed, she would try to wake me up by showing me the birds and squirells. (i love animals)  Smiley Happy 

@beach-mom  You sound like me. DH is up at 5am and I like to get my work done after midnight. I thought it was just me. For some reason Im more focused late at night and most productive. Its the calm and quiet in the air that I really enjoy.  

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Yup.  I walk into my bathroom in the morning, see myself in the mirror, and think "Who IS that old lady?"   

Oh, it's me. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I seem to wake up around 5AM whether or not I set the clock or no matter what time I go to sleep. I'm on the move most of the day and wind down by 3 and need my power nap before making dinner. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

Morning person here - usually out for my walk at 6:30 a.m.

Happy New Year @ECBG 

I'm a morning person, too! Nice to know others are out for an AM walk like me. I try to get out for my walk by 5:45 and watch the sun come up. It's such a peaceful time of day. 
happy New Year to you, @riley1 

Trusted Contributor

Used to wake up too early, between 5:00 and 5:30 am.  Luckily, now that is winter and has been kind of dreary in the morning (no sun till later), I have been able to sleep to about 7:30 or so, which is pretty good for me.  All those years of working and alarm went off before 6:00, so I would like to be able to sleep longer now.  Still stay up to at least midnight or later.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Morning person here - usually out for my walk at 6:30 a.m.

Happy New Year @ECBG 

@riley1 

Happy New Year, my Dear!!!!!Smiley Happy

See the source image