Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes the host confuse me?

@Trix wrote:

It may sound disingenuous, but the hosts do get a sample of these products, so it's not a total lie when they say they use.  It would be more truthful to say "I tried it", but then a viewer could perceive that to mean tried and wasn't wowed, and their job is to present every product as a "wow! you must have this."  

@Trix   I've heard many hosts use the phrases my "go to product", favorite foundation, moisturizer, etc. You can't make a claim from using a sample. It's usually weeks of use.

Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys ........first and foremost they are sales people.  They will say anything to make a sale.  Keep that in mind when you go by their recommendations.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I believe hosts get full sizes to try, not the baby samples we are used to.  And they get to keep anything they demo on air. I think some of them are groomed to sell certain lines, they get plenty of product and education.  What bugs me are hosts that say they are having an off camera person order immediately for them while they are still on air.  The prime offender of this practice no longer works here.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass  - I thought Shawn was the prime offender?

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@depglass  - I thought Shawn was the prime offender?

Shawn for beauty products.

Carolyn for clothes.  She would have to have a warehouse to store it all.  Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy Carolyn's presentations.  I'm just not buying "her" buying it all. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

I agree with everything that was said. I just enjoy the truth. But I guess they don't we all do use different things. I just have a couple of things. Thank you all for your answers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trix wrote:

It may sound disingenuous, but the hosts do get a sample of these products, so it's not a total lie when they say they use.  It would be more truthful to say "I tried it", but then a viewer could perceive that to mean tried and wasn't wowed, and their job is to present every product as a "wow! you must have this."  

@Trix   I've heard many hosts use the phrases my "go to product", favorite foundation, moisturizer, etc. You can't make a claim from using a sample. It's usually weeks of use.

@Shanus  I know several of them make the claim of a product being their go to.  Those claims I take with a grain of salt because that's sales hype.  Not to say that one can't rotate regular use of the same type of products from several brands.  I'm guilty of this myself, but even with that there are only a few products in my collection of beauty products which I repeat buy and could truly call a go to.  Unfortunately, these claims are playing to the consumer who may not be well attuned cosmetic consumers and this tactic of a host calling something a favorite or go to can generate sales.