Frequent Contributor

Sometimes the host confuse me?

I know they are doing they're job, but I hate when they say 'I love this or that & use it all the time'. How can they say that on nearly everything? I sometimes base my buying on reviews from them.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sometimes the host confuse me?

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they get items to try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It may sound disingenuous, but the hosts do get a sample of these products, so it's not a total lie when they say they use.  It would be more truthful to say "I tried it", but then a viewer could perceive that to mean tried and wasn't wowed, and their job is to present every product as a "wow! you must have this."  

Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys wrote:
I know they are doing they're job, but I hate when they say 'I love this or that & use it all the time'. How can they say that on nearly everything? I sometimes base my buying on reviews from them.

@mamawsboys   They're salespeople and like all salespeople, they'll say anything to sell a product.  They aren't your friends.  They're there to do a job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys  Don't base your purchase on what the host has to say.  All the host cares about is selling.  Read the reviews online, if available. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys  @Katcat1 @Kachina624 @Trix @GCR18  There are so many products of different brands I use all the time - maybe not every day but at least once a week.  I have several foundations I like and use off and on each week and month but my favorite is Perricone original which I use more.  I use several different mascaras daily and many I use weekly but not always the same ones.  The same with creams, serums, etc.  I always use Crepe Erase daily but always use one of several body creams I get an extra boost in the look and feel of my skin daily also.  It is quite believeable  when they say things like that.  

Honored Contributor

I'd never go by what a host or vendor says.  They are there to sell and nothing else.  Google can be your best friend before buying.  Find reviews of that product.  Find out if it's cruelty free.  Read the ingredients to determine if it's really good for your skin type. Is there a lower price on another reputable site?  Is there free shipping and returns on another site?   I've found that 90% of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for a better price, free shipping, promo code, or some other perk.  

Trusted Contributor

@mamawsboys wrote:

@mamawsboys  I know, they all use everything and everything is their favorite. 😄 It's a sales pitch. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mamawsboys wrote:

@mamawsboys   They're there to sell, so of course everything is their favorite (makeup/skincare) or they have multiples if shoes/clothing. Check other reviews or ask here if in doubt.