Frequent Contributor

Someone please explain FENTY tome

Would someone please explain to me why FENTY cosmetics (by Rihanna) are so popular?  I look at them and don't see anything that unusual or anything I can't get elsewhere.  Is there something different abou the quality?  I don't get it.  thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Someone please explain FENTY tome

I haven't purchased anything yet from this line, but hopefully Monica will chime in, as I know she loves this line!!!!

Respected Contributor

The shade range is big draw. Everything in the line comes in a full spectrum of shades to accommodate everyone. Persons of color often have trouble finding an appropriate shade match in many line. (Ever notice the shade range in Almay or Neutrogena? It’s 6 shades of pale.)

The quality of the products is superb and the packaging matches the upscale quality and price. I haven’t tried anything from this brand I haven’t liked.
Esteemed Contributor

@LCR wrote:

Would someone please explain to me why FENTY cosmetics (by Rihanna) are so popular?  I look at them and don't see anything that unusual or anything I can't get elsewhere.  Is there something different abou the quality?  I don't get it.  thanks.

@LCR One can say that about every line, that one can find something you can get elsewhere.  So what is so special about Lancome?  I am not big on cosmetics, but I know Fenty has shades in its foundations that other brands don't have.  I like Rihanna and understand one of her goals was to have an inclusive line, so that probably extends to many aspects of her line.

Honored Contributor

Fenty makes 50 shades of foundation. That's more than any other brand so it's inclusivity goes beyond your normal ranges where others stop.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Several makeup lines have foundation shades from the palest to the deepest & a lot of shades in between.

I'm most familiar with Mac & I they have 50-60ish shades in their foundations, too. 

Morphe, Maybelline, Uoma, NYX...I just had to look it up & there are so many brands that do an extensive line of foundation shades!

Cosmetic companies have really stepped it up!

Respected Contributor

@LCR Fenty may not be an exciting line of cosmetics, but the quality is great, from what I have tried.

I love the loose powder, the pressed powder foundation & the cream blushes.

I have normal/oily, easily dehydrated, breaks out from everything skin.

They had some eye shadow crayons that are nice, but they are no longer available.

The mascara is really nice, but I prefer Mac Mascaras.

I haven't tried the lip products, the powder e/s, or the skin care, yet.

The prices are reasonable. They have 30% off through today.

The packaging is very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee Several makeup lines have foundation shades from the palest to the deepest & a lot of shades in between.

I'm most familiar with Mac & I they have 50-60ish shades in their foundations, too. 

Morphe, Maybelline, Uoma, NYX...I just had to look it up & there are so many brands that do an extensive line of foundation shades!

@Dusty1 

I don't think that was the case with other companies when when Fenty was created. 

Honored Contributor

@LCR 

My first products from Fenty were her Diamond Veils.  I'd never seen anything like it before and anything sparkly gets my attention Smiley Happy  Another favorite product of mine are lipglosses.  Saw those, tried them and liked them.  By now the company had my attention and as more items were released, I gave them a try.  I can truly say I've liked every product I've ever bought from her.  I've never tried any of her eyeshadows or skincare.  It's a higher end brand but not as high as high-end.  Good price point for what you get.  But that is relative and it's a price point I'm good with.  

What brand do you tend to gravitate towards?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

MAC does not have fifty shades of foundation colors.  No other foundation has more than Rihanna's Fenty Beauty @Dusty1 .

I'm a former avid MAC wearer and used to use Fenty as well.  However, as my skin has developed serious dry issues I need less mattifying make up.

Uoma is a Black Owned Brand that doesn't even have nearly the shades Fenty has.

Uoma has 51 shades of Foundation so @Dusty1 is correct about that brand, but not MAC.

Uoma was founded and created by Nigerian born Sharon Chuter.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life