Frequent Contributor

Re: Someone Gave Me The Nicest Compliment

I sure hope there is a special place waiting for him in the afterlife!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

What a cruel, horrible , pitiful, little man.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

Ladybug I'm so sorry you were so hurt by such horrible comments from that guy from high school! Thats just terrible! But it sure was nice of that lady to say those lovely compliments to you at Target! I was out getting the mail (mailbox is at the curb) when 2 young girls were riding by on their bikes. As they passed one said to me that I was pretty! I yelled out a big thank you! That girl didn't know how good she made me feel about myself!

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

This conversation makes me think of an incident that happened to me several years ago. I was at a Graduation party for a wonderful student of mine. His Mom was also a good friend. It was a lovely day, everyone well dressed (you get the picture) when I was introduced to her father, his Grandfather. I said "it's a pleasure to meet you, you must be so proud of your grandson!" And he said in return, "So, has anyone ever called you CHUBBY?" I was so taken back, I could not respond, you could have knocked me over with a feather. My DH rescued me by saying, "let's keep moving we have lots of people to see."

Later on, while I was still mortified, he was drinking and fell off his chair. I laughed out loud and no one came to his rescue. But, I have never forgotten that incident. Sticks & stones may break my bones but words do hurt! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

On 8/16/2014 corismom said:

This conversation makes me think of an incident that happened to me several years ago. I was at a Graduation party for a wonderful student of mine. His Mom was also a good friend. It was a lovely day, everyone well dressed (you get the picture) when I was introduced to her father, his Grandfather. I said "it's a pleasure to meet you, you must be so proud of your grandson!" And he said in return, "So, has anyone ever called you CHUBBY?" I was so taken back, I could not respond, you could have knocked me over with a feather. My DH rescued me by saying, "let's keep moving we have lots of people to see."

Later on, while I was still mortified, he was drinking and fell off his chair. I laughed out loud and no one came to his rescue. But, I have never forgotten that incident. Sticks & stones may break my bones but words do hurt! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

You should have replied sweetly "No, but you are the first person, I have ever met, who simultaneously suffers from a constipated brain and diarrhea of the mouth."
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

How sweet of her to say something. Doesn't it feel great when someone notices that you put time and effort into your appearance, and are pretty? As for the guy, font pay him another thought. 8 months is too long to consider what he told you. You dodged a bullet with that @$$!!!!!!!
Super Contributor

Focus on the compliment - and what a nice one.

To the jerk I would have said, "I can lose weight, but you can't lose being a d0uchebag!".