Valued Contributor
On 10/15/2014 CoG said:

Thank you all for the reassurance. I am one who has to have a backup. I have one bottle, probably a year old, from the last special, and i', about to open it. The forum threads contain many assertions that the formula has changed. Some of you have already noticed a change. My concern is that if they will change Amazing Grace such that people are writing that there is no smell, it separates, the spray doesn't last as it once did I put it all together and begin to presume there has or will soon be a change.

You're right of course, I have one bottle. In the time it takes to use that large bottle I can find something else if necessary. I would like to know (often not just now) how much of what is written is actually true. Did Coty really change Amazing Grace? Once the word was that they were going to discontinue all of the originals ;amazing, pure, baby grace. perhaps it is prudent to ignore the alarmists, go with what I have and face what comes when and if it comes.

Merci!

have you tried tatcha? It is really nice and there is a sample set now.
Respected Contributor
On 10/15/2014 Persephonel said:
On 10/15/2014 CoG said:

Thank you all for the reassurance. I am one who has to have a backup. I have one bottle, probably a year old, from the last special, and i', about to open it. The forum threads contain many assertions that the formula has changed. Some of you have already noticed a change. My concern is that if they will change Amazing Grace such that people are writing that there is no smell, it separates, the spray doesn't last as it once did I put it all together and begin to presume there has or will soon be a change.

You're right of course, I have one bottle. In the time it takes to use that large bottle I can find something else if necessary. I would like to know (often not just now) how much of what is written is actually true. Did Coty really change Amazing Grace? Once the word was that they were going to discontinue all of the originals ;amazing, pure, baby grace. perhaps it is prudent to ignore the alarmists, go with what I have and face what comes when and if it comes.

Merci!

have you tried tatcha? It is really nice and there is a sample set now.
Good suggestion, although I'd say to consider the multitude of other cleansing oils available as well. Lots of good ones out now and less $$ than Tatcha. I really like One Love Organics (30% off on DermStore right now) and Boscia. Many here like DHC, too.
Super Contributor
No change in my Purity...and I've been using it for years!! The fact it takes my eye makeup off and washes my face with no irritation...in one step, is my selling point on this product!!! I do wish they would remove the parabens though!!!
Super Contributor

I'm devoted to Skinn's Stem Rejen. He (Dimitri) recently changed it -- added some New! Improved! ingredients. I was almost hyperventilating worrying what on earth I was going to do if it wasn't the "same". Well, it's still fabulous, I'm still a devotee, so my big lesson is that change isn't ALWAYS bad. I understand -- usually formulas are changed because of the bottom line -- cheaper ingredients, etc.. But not in every case.

There seems to be some differing opinions on whether or not Purity has changed -- even if it HAS, there are plenty for whom it's still working. As long as it's working for you, who cares if they tweaked it?

Super Contributor

You can use Baby oil, or coconut oil ,or baking soda, or mix and of the two or three together. You won't see a better pore cleanser than a little baking soda and warm water with a tad of oil and a Clarisonic. it also exfoliates. You never have to pay for expensive exfoliators.

Beauty experts, models, etc. have known this for years.

Besides, these products are often some of the main "unmentioned" ingredients in very expensive products.

I use them and my skin is gorgeous and flawless. No pores are dirty or enlarged at all. My skin in soft as a babies and flawless.

Baby oil will take off any and all make up around the eyes, even waterproof. Learn how to use it properly without getting it all in your eyes. Rinse well also. I started using it 43 years ago.

Honored Contributor

First of all you can use Neutrogena facial wipes to remove all makeup including eye makeup without burning to the eyes. I personally use a facial wash and then the wipes for eye make up.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor
I've been using Purity since BEFORE Philosophy was sold on QVC. I would have to wait for the Nordstrom's Anniv Sale every year to buy the 32oz bottle, which lasted me a year. I haven't noticed any change. I will say this, however - DON'T stockpile Philosophy products! Even tho they claim they last 2 yrs unopened, they get rancid, particularly the Amazing Grace products, with the shampoo, conditioner and lotion being the worst. I ended up tossing whole 32oz bottles of the shampoo and conditioner. Just buy one at a time. It's ALWAYS on sale on QVC or philosophy dot com.
Valued Contributor
I was just getting into the philosophy line. I like how soft my skin is after using the bath gel. I'm really disappointed they are taking out the scent. They charge 10 dollars more for it too!
Respected Contributor
On 10/16/2014 Persephonel said: I was just getting into the philosophy line. I like how soft my skin is after using the bath gel. I'm really disappointed they are taking out the scent. They charge 10 dollars more for it too!

Persephonel, The Graces and Loves have always been a higher price point than the foodie and/or other Philosophy shower gels and lotions. The Graces and Loves are considered to be more of a "fine fragrance" shower gel, as opposed to the "fun" shower gels. To be fair, they haven't really increased that much in price - maybe $2 in the last few years. HTH

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

Try Ivory soap, it comes in liquid or bar form .I think that is what the "Purity' formula was stolen from

This is why I do not buy Philosophy. They are not "faithful" to their loving customers. They are now owned by a huge company that doesn't need faithfull users. The term "Philosophy Girl" means nothing anymore{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}