Honored Contributor

Re: Some say it's not necessary to use special eye creams, what do you think?

@VenturaHighwaywrote:

@AngelPuppy1May I ask if you are using a product with SPF? I can't wear anything close to my eyes with SPF. In fact, I have had to quit any products with SPF on my face.

Which is bad because I have had skin cancer. So I have to be careful about being in the sun.

I do believe that eye cream is not as heavy as face moisture cream. And I do wear a seperate eye cream.

@VenturaHighway

As far as I know, none of the eye creams had any SPF.  I think the Olay facial lotion has SPF 15.  Another lotion I use -- CeraVe, does not have any.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Quinnywrote:

I have used eye cream or eye gel since I was 21 years old.  A kind, Avon representative rang my doorbell one afternoon while I was trying to soothe my colicky baby. I invited her in, she took me baby and quieted her!?!?, I thanked her and told her I had little to no disposable income to make a purchase.  She gave me a jar of eye cream and told me to use it (without fail) every night.

I've had some lapses in my use of an eye cream over the years, but 35 years since I got that first jar of eye cream, I can say, without a doubt that my eyes definitely look better, softer when I use eye cream. 

@Quinny

She was a very kind Avon lady!  Do you still use Avon eye cream?  If so, which one? 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBAwrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

@ALRATIBAwrote:

I use Avon's Anew Dual Eye cream.  I have puffy "allergy eyes."  Works great.  

If I didn't need it, I wouldn't use it.  

@ALRATIBA

Does this product have fragrance?  Thanks. 

@AngelPuppy1

No fragrance.  I have allergy issues and never have had a problem with Avon products.  

On the product page, it says:

• Hypoallergenic
• Suitable for sensitive skin
• Allergy-tested, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested

@ALRATIBA

Wonderful!  I used to have a rep. at work but no more.  I will have to order on-line,  thanks!!! 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

When I was using an eye cream alone, I felt it was necessary to have a separate product but I was also congnicent to only use something with a lightweight consistency.  Then I began bringing my facial serums up to the under and around the eye area and when I ran out of my eye cream I didn't replace it.  These days I use my AM moisturizer over the serums and I've had great results doing that.  My AM moisturizer is a thin, lotion consistency.  I wouldn't do it with a thick, heavy cream.

@JeanLouiseFinch

So, you mean, you use an eye cream and then use your regular facial moizturizer over that?  

@AngelPuppy1- No, that's not what I mean.  When I was using ONLY an eye cream, I felt it was necessary to use a specific product for the orbital area.  Then, when I was about to run out of the eye cream, I decided to try a different way to treat that area.  Currently I take whatever facial serums I use and bring them up to the eye area and follow with my daytime moisturizer, used both at AM and PM because of its consistency - no separate eye cream.  Does that make sense?

@JeanLouiseFinch

Sorry I misread --- thank you for clarifying -- yes, does make sense!!! 

Respected Contributor

I've noticed quite a difference when I use Perricone eye serum, that you can pat all around the eye,  even the lid and brow bone.  It definitely help makes that area look more lifted.   Good luck.  Let us know what you find.   The never ending search!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Generally organic products are products that do not use harmful chemicals or irritants.   As a breast cancer survivor that is all I use on my skin and hair.

If you have trouble with natural oils you may have a botanical allergy.  My husband has this type of allergy, he cannot even use a chapstick with botanicals in it, as he will break out badly with a rash.   I really suggest "100% Pure" eye cream as their prodcuts I find are very gentle around the eyes.  Maybe the oils are what's bothering you.    Again, I wish you well and please keep me posted.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Generally organic products are products that do not use harmful chemicals or irritants.   As a breast cancer survivor that is all I use on my skin and hair.

If you have trouble with natural oils you may have a botanical allergy.  My husband has this type of allergy, he cannot even use a chapstick with botanicals in it, as he will break out badly with a rash.   I really suggest "100% Pure" eye cream as their prodcuts I find are very gentle around the eyes.  Maybe the oils are what's bothering you.    Again, I wish you well and please keep me posted.

@LindaSal, just to clarify, ingredients listed as organic should mean that they have certified as such -- they have been cultivated without without synthetic additives.

This brand does use some organic ingredients, which are noted in the description. But not all their ingredients are organic. Having said that, it just might be impossible to product an effective product that contains only organic ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@LindaSalwrote:

@LindaSal, just to clarify, ingredients listed as organic should mean that they have certified as such -- they have been cultivated without without synthetic additives.

This brand does use some organic ingredients, which are noted in the description. But not all their ingredients are organic. Having said that, it just might be impossible to product an effective product that contains only organic ingredients.

@LindaSal

Thank you so much.  I appreciate your kindness.  All the best! 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

I've noticed quite a difference when I use Perricone eye serum, that you can pat all around the eye,  even the lid and brow bone.  It definitely help makes that area look more lifted.   Good luck.  Let us know what you find.   The never ending search!

@nyc1

For sure!  It seems I am always on the hunt for something!  Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

Clinique All about Eyes Rich for me! I can't use regular lotion/cream around my delicate eye area. It always get inflamed and raw. Been using all Clinique products for about 40 years now and can't complain. 

"Pure Michigan"