Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some say it's not necessary to use special eye creams, what do you think?

[ Edited ]

I only use Neutrogena anti wrinkle moisturizer ,day and night thats all.

I never could believe all those different items are nessary.

I believe,all these companies laugh (at us women)  all the way to the bank!

Trusted Contributor

I never saw any difference using an eye cream until I hit 60.  Now I use an eye cream and can recommend No. 7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Eye Cream.  Packaging says it's suitable for sensitive skin.  For me, this eye cream smooths out the fine lines but doesn't give me puffy eye bags.  Moisturizes but isn't greasy, absorbs nicely.  Works well under concealor.  Packaged in a tube, not a jar.

Respected Contributor

Dr. Dray, a dermatologist on YouTube, doesn't believe in special creams for eyes, necks, etc. She says you can use whatever you're using on your face and that these specialized creams are just a marketing ploy.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 i've been using eye cream for the last 25 years or more. I've tried cheap and expensive eye creams. I've tried using just my skincare (am and pm) creams and my eye area started to dry out and I started to see little lines under my eyes. So I have found for me that the best eye cream, not cheap but boy does it work for me, the Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment. I wait until it goes on sale and then I buy 3 or 4 and keep them in the frig. I really have tried soo many from all the lines on QVC, drugstores, specialty lines and again, this is the only cream that works fantastic for me. I put my skincare with serums on then after a few minutes, my eye cream. I have tried putting argon or marula oil atop for even more moisturization but then I started to get these little white heads right below my lower eyelid so I stopped using the oil. I got rid of the white heads, thank God! I do not have one wrinkle under my eyes. I hope you find something that works for you. It takes time till you find the right one.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

Regular moisturizer for me.    

If someone uses a product that irritates their eye area, all the burning and redness will just add to their wrinkles or puffiness (whatever their skin problem is) -- especially if they rub their eyes due to the irritation.  

@tototwo

I get this way every so often --- very dry under eyes and then this area looks very wrinkly.  Ugh.  I am thinking maybe allergies of some type???

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nixwrote:

@AngelPuppy1  - I believe that special eye cream is essential.  What brands have NOT worked for you?  Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel is a good one.

@Stevie Nix

Oh, my -- so many different kinds.  I was using this one by L'Oreal for absolutely years and years - no problem.  Then, all of a sudden it made my under eye area go nuts.  Red, itchy, dry, peely.  Yuck.  I believe it was Revitalift.  Maybe they changed ingredients?  Any how, I ditched that. Then I started using one by Ulta, no good.  I used a gel by Olay --- it felt o.k. but doesn't moisturize much.  I had one by Boots - threw it out.  Let's see --- oh, I can't remember now.  But too many to even list!  I have not tried the one you listed but might see about getting that one!  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

I just use regular moisturizer, I don't have a serious problem in that area but even if I did....I'd still use regular moisturizer.  I'd must make sure I was using a rich, emollient one.  There are some aging issues that are natural and they can't be resolved with topical products.  If I had your problem, I'd use moisturizer a couple of times a day and make use my cover stick and makeup.  

@chrystaltree

Very sensitive eyes.  And lately, this dry and wrinkly looking thing.  Ugh, I hate it!  If I use a cover stick, that accentuates the lines and dryness.  So, I've been skipping tha also.  

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

I use Clinique’s All About Eyes. It’s free in the bonus gift set w/purchase 3-4 times a year so I don’t purchase anything special. I use dramatically different moisturizer and moisture surge.

@OKPrincess

I'm thinking I might need to go back to Clinique.  

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Go organic if you are having sensitivity.  Use Josie Maran or check out 100% Pure on line.   I use both around my sensitive eyes, 100% Pure during the day and JM argan oil at night.  They both work well.  Good luck.  

@LindaSal

I am not sure exactly what is meant by organic.  I have had problems using face products, etc. that use natural oils, etc.  Cause breakouts, rashes, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

I have tried a lot of eye creams and gels but lately I have been getting sensitivity issues with them all.  Red, watery, gritty, itchy eyes --- not a pretty sight!  So, I gave them all up.  Instead, I have just been applying a bit of my regular facial moisturizer to this area.  At first, I thought this isn't too bad.  However, over the last week or so, my under eye area is looking bad.  Very wrinkly and dry.  I really believe eye creams do a better job if you can find one that doesn't give you issues!  

What do you think?  Use regular moisturizer or special eye cream?

I am in the process now of looking for yet another eye cream.  Wish me luck! 

@AngelPuppy1  The under eye area is much more delicate than facial skin and the same moisturizer you use for face can cause puffiness, irritation and tiny, white bumps from clogged pores. Try a mild eye cream that isn’t runny (I use a balm consistency) and stay away from the lower lash line.  

@Shanus

What product - balm -- do yo use, if you don't mind my asking?  I am getting very upset with all of these issues.  Grrrrr.