Respected Contributor

Some really good make-up tips......Enjoy ❤️🙋🏻

There are some really great make-up tips....... https://youtu.be/41M3peiceGA Hope you enjoy it, it’s Emily Noel YouTube Channel.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some really good make-up tips......Enjoy ❤️🙋🏻

Thank you for the tip on the tips!  Excellent!

Honored Contributor

I use the blush tip except I use on cheeks, a dab on the nose, chin and under the eyebrows.  Her foundation color was too light for her.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Thanks for the great link for make-up tips.  I think it was very interesting and informative.  I'll try a few of them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My take on the video. Skip if not interested.

Yes, foundation needs to be at least 2-3 shades darker.

I'd never put lid primer all the way under eye (maybe just where liner goes). It's purpose is to dry down lid and if have any wrinkles, this will accentuate them under concealer.

Blush on nose, forehead, chin...That's where bronzer goes. Can even sweep across lids for natural crease color and unify face. Blush applied on cheeks two fingers away from nose for some natural flush. Too much all over face or on apples of cheeks and you'll look like Aunt Sally. 

Powder before foundation: only if using another powder foundation and want to set creams/skincare/SPF before application. You may end up w/ a lot of caking.

Contouring/Bronzer under chin and on neck: just needed dierectly under jawline and blended slightly down. Face and neck shouldn't be 2 different shades.

I do use mascara trick of holding lashes up with finger for extra curl (& keep mascara off glasses' lenses)

Way too much powder products for women of a certain age. We'd look chalky. Cream blush set w/ powder, but not powders over powders. 

Lips too dark for that much bright eye makeup. Rule of thumb: choose one or the other. Dramatic eye=Nude lip or Natural eye=Brighter lip. 

Brows set before pencil...good, but can use gel or clear damp soap on spoolie to brush up and thicken before pencil or brow powder. Lash primer?

I like using lip color as blush, too and usually do. That's the theory behind BB's Pot Rouge...can be used as both. Over 40 need lip liner in neutral shade to keep feathering away. I also apply lip balm before foundation and let settle in before lipstick step. 

My tip: disgusted w/ shadow shades lately, I've been using a slightly shimmery highlighter on lid and my bronzer across and above crease. Fast, easy and natural look for every day. 

OK. Didn't see any skincare unless applied before cameras rolled. 

Respected Contributor

That was a really scary video! 

All that foundation, all that product under eyes, the very bright eye shadows, the dark lip.....at 73 I am trying to reduce makeup, keep it light and fresh, not look cakey and dark and made up. 

Some of the tips were interesting and I might try the shadow before liner trick, but gosh, I never see anyone even at dressy events with that much makeup on.

I like many of the Lisa Eldridge videos, helpful and you can go as dramatic as you want with some of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with @author on this!

I was never into heavy makeup. Look at a young girl. Well, yes, other reasons, I guess, but her youthful look is partially because she is not wearing any makeup! Her lips and cheeks are naturally flushed.

I know you all talked about EN for a long time, but this was the first time I watched her.

The only tip I thought might be useful is to try the highlighter underneath anything else.

Just trying to remove all that at the end of the day -- ! Seems like you'd need a sandblaster!

Honored Contributor

I don't follow her but has she ever said where she got that hairband?? I want one.

Respected Contributor

Lots of fun to watch...but I haven't worn that much makeup ever! At 64 I'm trying to tone it down. I have done the highlighter under blush thing for several years, though, and it really does work for me--when I bother to wear highlighter at all.

And I agree with @Shanus  about using bronzer as a light eyeshadow...that's all I'm using these days, if I feel the need to wear shadow. Most days it's just liner & mascara.

Respected Contributor

Very interesting. Thank you for the link.