Honored Contributor

Re: Some dont want to hear it

@ Montana wrote:

I remembered the Peter Thomas Roth 14K Gold Mask broke me out. At the time I was puzzled because I did not  see any problem ingredients.

On a hunch, I just rechecked the ingredient list and it too contains phenoxyethanol. I believe that is why I couldn’t use it.

Still not worked up; will just be vigilant.

Phenoxyethanol  is a preservative that is being used more and more instead of the so-called 'bad parabens' and can allow a manufacturer to state that their product is 'paraben-free'. But what many people do not know is that this alternative preservative causes more allergic reactions than parabens ever have...and that can lead to more problems involving the skin. Unfortunately we'll be seeing more allergies come around as more cosmetic and skin care manufactures no longer use parabens and choose to replace them with allergy-causing substances like phenoxyethanol as well as some others. 

Honored Contributor

One of my children had terrible asthma (we were in the military at the time and had just moved into the south where the humidity is high).  I asked the doctor if I should take the children (because we were living near a lot of pine trees) and move to another state where there were fewer pine trees (on his testing, he was allergic to pine trees).  He told me if I moved to Arizona, he might be allergic to cactus, that these children's allergies change and the best thing to do was to get shots for those offenders and stay where I was.  I did.  He outgrew the allergies.  Life is good and at 35, he does not even recall having asthma as a toddler.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never knew that @SilleeMee .  Good to have someone with your background/knowledge here on the forum to keep us informed.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Harvard99   just alot of ingredients, not just that one!

Respected Contributor

Most TOXIC that we use anyway! 

https://www.thetalko.com/15-most-toxic-beauty-products-that-we-use-anyway/

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123   You are so welcome!  I just sent another one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Skin Nation. Michelle Stafford from GH.

Why she created a plant based organic natural line. It makes alot of sense. I know alot of ppl that had cancer refuse to use toxic products. But if you are disinterested that is up to you! Thank you.

Inspired to research the chemicals that we put into our body daily after her sister was diagnosed with stage 3-breast cancer, Michelle Stafford found that most of the products that we put in and on our body contain harmful toxins that can hurt our bodies, and set us up for health risks in the future. Upon discovering this, Michelle set out to create products that were organic and natural. She spent months creating and testing products on herself that were up to her high standards of value and refused to sell anything less than excellent. She founded Skin Nation on the belief that everyone of all shapes, sizes, colors, genders and ethnicities from all different backgrounds should be able benefit from using clean, inexpensive products

Respected Contributor

Plant based skin care does not generally agree with me.  I checked a few Skin Nation products and Aloe is the first ingredient. I am allergic to Aloe.

Nothing works for everyone.

Honored Contributor

There is a difference between a toxic substance and a substance some people develop an allergy to. My grandmother developed an allergy to strawberries when she got older. Does that make strawberries unsafe?

This subject requires a lot more thought and research than the alarmists give it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

It is hard to know what to do about products. You try and do the right thing but then you can be allergic to certain ingredients or they just dont work. What is a person to do??