Trusted Contributor

They sell Thayer's witch hazel in a jar with those thin cotton pads, just for using the way you describe. I don't put mine in the fridge, but it sounds delish.

Witch hazel is good for about a zillion things, including first aid.

Honored Contributor
@monikakm

I’m using T.N. Dickinson’s brand. No odor whatsoever! Ingredients: 100% distilled witch hazel.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

That was the old formula that would work on undereye puffiness.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Is this it?  If it is, I've got a rotting bottle or your smeller isn't working Smiley Surprised  Kind of a mix between rotten eggs and burning tires.

Witch-Hazel.jpg

Honored Contributor

BTW, I wish I could  use it for undereye puffiness but the stench is just too bad.

Honored Contributor
@monicakm

Smeller seems to be okay. 😳

I happen to be seeing my ENT this morning about my ears - I’ll ask him about my nose!

No one else here to check the smell of this bottle. I’m having lunch with friend tomorrow and I’ll have her give it a whiff! 😀😀😀😀
Respected Contributor

Re: Solved: Puffy Eyes

[ Edited ]

I swear by Witch Hazel! I have used it ad nothing but, for my skin care up until about age 55, when I started getting into "real" skin care (!) and I have darn good skin!

I actually LIKE the smell, but then I liked Ojon too! LOL To me, it smells  "home-y", I grew up with it , so its sort of a nostaligic smell for me..

Try it on hemorroids too!

Respected Contributor

Could someone post a pic of the witch hazel to buy for this?  I looked at Amazon, and there are so many formulas.  Some have alcohol (sure don't think that's the one), some don't, some have added ingredients, etc.  TIA!

Honored Contributor

This I will try! I get sinus congested and puffy eyes.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Yep, I use hemorrhoid cream (walmart brand). Just a tiny dab will do it! :-)