Respected Contributor

Re: Solution for curly hair that frizzes easily

@ninjawife wrote:

@BarbiHollywood  My keratin treatments do not contain formaldehyde like Brazilian Blowouts do.  I can wash it right after getting the treatment and I can wash it as often as I like without it effecting the treatment.  It supposed to last 5 months but I can get away with doing it once a year.  Using  the argan oil helps a lot with the frizz especially in the last few months.  

@ninjawife Good to know about the keratin.  I have a color appointment tomorrow so I'll ask my stylist.  The first treatment I had a few months ago was more of an "express" treatment -- not supposed to last very long -- and I had to wait 24 hours to wash it.  You know how pinstraight they blowdry your hair afterward, right? - UGLY!!  I literally didn't leave the house til the next day!!  The latest treatment I had I'm pretty sure was the BB cuz it's supposed to last a few months.  The thought of formaldehyde, though, hmm, not a good thing, I agree.  While I think it's good for my hair in that drying time is literally 7 minutes, I must color it and I must flatiron a few areas.  Probably doing too much to my hair with all that plus the BB.  I'll see how long it takes for this treatment to totally be gone then may or may not ever do it again.  Glad you're happy with yours.  A good hair day is a very good thing!!!  

Respected Contributor

I swear by Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil. Great stuff.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Aveda makes some pretty good products for curly hair and frizz. Also Hydrathermalnaturals, sold online and at Walmart make good products, so I have heard for curly hair that frizzes oin humidity as well. 

Respected Contributor

I'm loving all of these tips.  Thank you all!

Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I have naturally curly hair that does not like humidity.  My hair can look perfectly styled when I walk out my door and 5 minutes later, after encountering humidity, it's a disaster.  I have tried everything but decided to do an experiment yesterday.

I love the Josie Maran body butter and had often heard her say it works on hair but had never tried it before.  I used one pump (her newish pump container) and applied it throughout my hair and it worked GREAT.  No frizz even after being outside.

@santorini  I could have written your post!!!!  My hair does a magic act in humidity that's 60% humidity or higher.  I live in Florida so you can imagine my struggle.  I have Josie's body butter.  Tell me exactly what you do cuz I'm gonna try it today.  I'm assuming you dry your hair then put a tiny bit on your hands then run your hands through your hair.  Assuming, too, that you don't get close to your roots to avoid it looking greasy.  Tell me, tell me!!

@BarbiHollywood no, not dry hair.  I put it on my freshly washed, wet (towel-blotted) hair.  I rub it in my hands and then scrunch from almost roots to the tips.  I don't dry all the way with a dryer.  I use the diffuser accessory and blow on low for just a minute or  two.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I have naturally curly hair that does not like humidity.  My hair can look perfectly styled when I walk out my door and 5 minutes later, after encountering humidity, it's a disaster.  I have tried everything but decided to do an experiment yesterday.

I love the Josie Maran body butter and had often heard her say it works on hair but had never tried it before.  I used one pump (her newish pump container) and applied it throughout my hair and it worked GREAT.  No frizz even after being outside.

@santorini  I could have written your post!!!!  My hair does a magic act in humidity that's 60% humidity or higher.  I live in Florida so you can imagine my struggle.  I have Josie's body butter.  Tell me exactly what you do cuz I'm gonna try it today.  I'm assuming you dry your hair then put a tiny bit on your hands then run your hands through your hair.  Assuming, too, that you don't get close to your roots to avoid it looking greasy.  Tell me, tell me!!

@BarbiHollywood no, not dry hair.  I put it on my freshly washed, wet (towel-blotted) hair.  I rub it in my hands and then scrunch from almost roots to the tips.  I don't dry all the way with a dryer.  I use the diffuser accessory and blow on low for just a minute or  two.

@santorini So you wear it curly?  I was hoping that you washed and dried it and then added a little of the body butter.  I guess one day when I have nowhere to go I will try it your way and not blowdry.  Maybe if it looks okay it can be my time-saver on errand day!!!

Regular Contributor

I have curly, frizzy hair naturally. I am never satisfied with it and my flat iron makes it tolerable unless it encounters humidity or gets wet. I want to defend Brazilian Blowouts. I have had many different treatments to smooth my hair. The Brazilian Blowout is by far the best. My hair stylist knows how to do the blowout without removing the body. My hair is improved by the BB. It becomes shiny, healthy and feels like silk. The BB lasts several months and when repeatedly done each BB lasts longer. If you could feel and inspect my hair after a BB you would not worry about any chemicals that may or may not be in there. I love my hair now.