Honored Contributor

This is certainly a new one for me!  Have any of you QVC beauties tried soap brows?  I use a brow gel, but apparently this is an eyebrow hack that has been around for a while & now Elf has a soap brow.

28274E7A-236B-450D-A174-723200133DEC.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

No. Interesting. 

Honored Contributor

So, people were using soap to hold their eyebrows in place?  I have a gel as well as Benefit Gimme Brow which also has color. I use the clear gel more when I'm not wearing makeup.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I ordered one from Sephora 2-3 years ago but returned it.  I don't see it on their website anymore.  It was in a rectangular tin and came with a spoolie.  It's been too long for me to remember why I didn't care for it.  Sorry!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Yes, they really did and still do.

Honored Contributor

This is the one I had.  I wasn't impressed.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input!  I thought it was downright weird personally.  I believe I'll stick with my Benefit 24-hour brow setter gel.  That stuff rocks!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

This is certainly a new one for me!  Have any of you QVC beauties tried soap brows?  I use a brow gel, but apparently this is an eyebrow hack that has been around for a while & now Elf has a soap brow.

28274E7A-236B-450D-A174-723200133DEC.jpeg

@SurferWife   I do osme soap brows, but you need the correct equipment...mainly a clear bar soap like Neutrogena. Purchasing kits are not necessary. Doing brows this way can add extra steps. You need a spoolie to brush brows up after making a small area of suds on the soap, then still have to fill in sparse areas with a pencil or ponty type pen to fill in with tiny strokes. After that, I brush the brows back into place. using a soap that isn't clear can leave a white, flaky residue.

I much prefer using a powder or pencil, clear brow gel or one with color and fibers.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Wow!  That sounds like way too much work.  I'll stick to my Brow powder & gel.  Thanks, though for the guidance.  I had never heard of this until I saw the ad for the Elf soap brow.  I though, "what the heck is this"?

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife I remember as a young grade school student my Mother woud braid my hair or pony tail  before school and then run her fingers agaist the wet soap bar and add to my loose tedrils  to make sure my ends held up.  Who knew!