Trusted Contributor

Re: So what's your latest Vitamin C serum?

Love Timeless C + ferulic...I bought mine from Amazon (for like 18 bucks...free ship) I buy the 1 oz...box says guaranteed for 90 days but the bottle was finished in about 45 (it never turned dark!) I just had another delivered yesterday!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finishing up Paula's Choice and will be ordering Timeless. PC's is good but want to try Timeless as it is less expensive (approx half the cost).

Hot & Flashy (youtube) has an interesting comparison between Timeless, Paula's Choice and Cosmetic Skin Solutions. Same info on her website: http://www.hotandflashy50.com/vitamin-c-serum-comparison-timeless-paulas-choice-css/

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Drythe Me too! This is my first time using Drunk Elephant's Vitamin C. I was super excited to find it on sale for 20% off at Dermstore. And since it was my first time ordering at Detmstore, I received an additional 15% off. Can't wait to try it! Even Paula Beguon highly recommends Drunk Elephant's Vitamin C serum.

I'm also currently using Signature Club A's Vitamin C line. It's great! I love it! I highly recommend Signature Club A's Vitamin C line.

Frequent Contributor

@canada1 Do you like the Korres Wild Rose? I have it and use it occasionally. I'm on the fence.

Frequent Contributor

What is this Timeless everyone is posting about?

Honored Contributor

FYI ,Timeless is not recommended for oily skin since it contains Vit E. It also contains propylene glycol, is that bad for the skin?

Honored Contributor

No Mad Hippie users anymore?

Honored Contributor

FYI, you can buy Timeless products on ebay for less!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

FYI ,Timeless is not recommended for oily skin since it contains Vit E. It also contains propylene glycol, is that bad for the skin?

This is what I found on propylene glycol in a cursory web search...

Propylene glycol in personal care products

• It is an effective humectant.
  • It is a solvent for fragrances and preservatives.
  • It can be used as an emulsifier or co-surfactant.
  • It is used as a solvent for pigments in cosmetics.
  • It can be used as a preservative due to its antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
  • It is frequently used in deodorants and antiperspirants.
  • It is found in hand cleansers and disinfecting gels.
  • It is a common additive in shaving creams and gels.

Paula's Beautypedia says:

Rating:

GOOD

Categories:

Slip Agents , Miscellaneous

Along with other glycols and glycerol, this is a humectant or humidifying and delivery ingredient used in cosmetics. There are websites and spam e-mails stating that propylene glycol is really industrial antifreeze and that it is the major ingredient in brake and hydraulic fluids. These sites also state that tests show it’s a strong skin irritant. They further point out that the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on propylene glycol warns users to avoid skin contact because systemically (in the body) it can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage. As ominous as this sounds, it’s so far from the reality of cosmetics formulations that almost none of it holds any water or poses any real concern. In fact, research from toxicologists has shown that propylene glycol and similar ingredients don’t present a health risk for people when used in cosmetics. [1] It’s important to realize that the MSDS refers to a 100% concentration of a substance. Even water and salt have frightening comments regarding their safety according to their MSDS reports. In cosmetics, propylene glycol is used only in the smallest amounts to keep products from melting in high heat or from freezing. It also helps active ingredients penetrate skin. In the minute amounts in cosmetics, it’s not a concern in the least. People aren’t suffering from liver problems because of propylene glycol in cosmetics.

And, finally, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, within the Public Health Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, “studies have not shown these chemicals (propylene or the other glycols as used in cosmetics) to be carcinogens.” [2] The Cosmetic Ingredient Review Board and other groups have analyzed all of the toxicology data and exposure studies concerning topical application of propylene glycol as commonly used in cosmetics products. Their conclusion was that it is safe and does not pose a health risk to consumers.

Honored Contributor

I am a Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum fan, have repurchased numerous times. When watching the Elysee TS presentation awhile back I was impressed when the vendor said pycnogenol was even more effective than vitamin c. I waited until I used up what I had and just starts with the TS kit this week, trying to incorporate it with my current routine. In addition, I also use Skinn Enlightened Radiance serum which has several forms of vitamin c I the formulation.