Frequent Contributor
Hello all! I know many of you are not Purity fans - so would like to hear from those of you who were using the “old” version and have tried the new formula without parabens. I have sensitive skin but have successfully used this product for years! I ordered a small bottle of the new version and noticed a drying affect on my skin. It also aggravated a patch of exzema around my nose that the original version did not bother. I’m so disappointed! I am trying out some other cleansers but no good dupe yet. Anyone else feel the same way? Thank you!
Honored Contributor

Re: So unhappy with new Purity!

@I was Sasha I haven't tried the new Purity yet, but I hate hearing that it's not working for you.  I used it for years and was intending to return to it shortly.  Maybe I'll just stick with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost I've been using this summer.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I’ll have to check out the Hydro Boost!
Respected Contributor

@I was Sasha I have used Purity for probably 10 years or more and still have 2 bottles in my goody closet of the original formula.  I had heard that they changed our cleanser and as it has been said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it .  I was scared that the "new" formula would be a letdown and you have confirmed it, sad.

Frequent Contributor

Yes! This is why I have a stockpile of all my fav products!!!
Valued Contributor

I was a Purity user for years, but then I got older and my skin became drier.  Purity was making my skin feel very dry.  I switched to Dr. Denese's Hydrating Cleanser.  It's wonderful - removes all makeup and doesn't burn my eyes --  and it's very affordable!

Honored Contributor

I have never been a Purity user, but I would address all complaints to the Phil CS, they need to know. 

Honored Contributor

I tried it once and it made my face itch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I used Purity a long time ago and switched to Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser.  There are different formulas, and you can read about them and find the one that's right for you.  I love it and have used it a long time.  I order it from Dermstore.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I tried it once and it made my face itch.

I liked it at first...and then it made my skin feel itchy...this was several years ago. I use Peter Thomas Roth now...and Andalou's 1000 roses for sensitive skin! I think our skin changes, ar least mine did!