Valued Contributor

Re: So unhappy with new Purity!

[ Edited ]

I have been on auto ship for the big 32oz. Purity in the pump since 2009.  I just received my "new" purity and haven't used it yet since I have about another 2 weeks worth of my old original formula left. I may go ahead and open my new bottle tonight just to see what it does. When I got the email saying my next shipment would be the new formula I told my DD that it might be my last and would have to cancel my auto ship after all these years. It's never good when a company "reformulates" their products. I'm not very optimistic and I have tried to replace my original Purity many times with something else but always went back to it. So, I will be sorely disappointed to say good bye to it. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes! Please let us know what you think! I think it’s a good idea to try out the new version while you haven’t run out of the old!
Regular Contributor

I've been using Purity since it first came on the Q. It seems there have been threads every several years that the formula has changed, but luckily so far I haven't noticed a change.

However, I have not had to repurchase for quite some time, but soon will need to. When did they make the change and what would one look for on the label to see if it is the old or new formula?

Frequent Contributor

The change was made a couple months ago when Philosophy had a TSV. If you search for Philosophy QVC products and sort by “new” you will see the updated label. They removed the Purity trademark “saying” so you can more easily tell the difference
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I was Sasha wrote:
Yes! This is why I have a stockpile of all my fav products!!!

@I was Sasha   I've stockpiled on a cream or cleanser I love and it's backfired on me. When the formula changed for the better, I had several bottles/jars of the older formula to use up. 

Respected Contributor

I use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost eye cream and like it.  I'll have to try the cleanser.

Honored Contributor

FYI, you can still buy the old Purity on the Phil website found in the outlet section .

Honored Contributor

If Purity was so good why did they change it?   I was unhappy with the old Purity as it burned my eyes so I stopped using and moved on.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

If Purity was so good why did they change it?   I was unhappy with the old Purity as it burned my eyes so I stopped using and moved on.

As far as I know the only change was to remove the parabens, brought on by customer request. 

Frequent Contributor

If you have the old and new bottles you can compare the ingredient deck. If you remove the parabens you have to replace with another preservative. New version has phenoxyehanol. You’ll also notice a few other modifications on ingredients. Bottom line is If your skin liked the old version it may not respond the same to the new.