Regular Contributor

Re: So, now you cannot be critical of a beauty product on this forum???

Sorry, I'm the one that got it off track.   I was simply stating that I wouldn't be surprised if they moderated negative comments about products on the forums since they don't always post negative product reviews that are listed under the actual products.

Personally I've never experienced what the OP stated.

Esteemed Contributor

I said this on another thread but the mods are not uniformly enforcing the rules on the forum.  That could explain while some threads or posts are not removed but others are. 

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I said this on another thread but the mods are not uniformly enforcing the rules on the forum.  That could explain while some threads or posts are not removed but others are. 

Yes but they never were, even prior to the "new" forums. That is certainly nothing new and I think it is because they are human and they all interpret things differently. I think they do a pretty good job but no, it isn't perfect but it seems better (i.e. more consistent) than prior to the change.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Yes but they never were, even prior to the "new" forums. That is certainly nothing new and I think it is because they are human and they all interpret things differently. I think they do a pretty good job but no, it isn't perfect but it seems better (i.e. more consistent) than prior to the change.

It'd be helpful if the OP explains exactly what was posted and where.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

The only threads I saw removed last night were spam posts under Beauty that deal with, ummm.... "enhancements".  smiley-shocked001.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I like reading reviews of products, whether it's on the forum or on the product review page.  I hope people will continue to voice their opinions, good or bad.  Some people may take a negative review personally and that's a shame. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish the OP was specific about her complaints. I have no idea if she's talking about a post on this board or a review about a product that appears on the item's page.

Either way, when these boards got a makeover, a lot of posts weren't migrated over including a bunch from June, May, and April, and I think some said March as well. QVC didn't acknowledge the post loss and as far as I can tell they haven't been restored.

Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

The only threads I saw removed last night were spam posts under Beauty that deal with, ummm.... "enhancements".  smiley-shocked001.gif

happy to see those removed Yuck Smiley.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

Most negative reviews I've read aren't just a review, but are insulting to those who enjoy the product.

I also read positive reviews and then see the people who hate the product insult the person who had a positive experience. 

Sometimes it seems like the Bloods and the Crips (?) here when it comes to opinions.

I mainly just read now and don't post anything.

Honored Contributor

The only time I have seen QCV moderators remove critical posts was when they were insulting. A few people cannot just leave it at, "i had a horrible experience with that product, I broke out.  It did not deliver as promised"  etc.  Those are critical, but positive.  Some have to go into berating the vendor the Host or the poster who loves the product...or all three.  That is abusive and not necessary.  My personal peeve is those who have never, ever tried a product, mainly if they feel it is too expensive for their lifestyle.  They don't just stop there, oh no they have to call all those who use it as wasteful, idiots and stupid .  No kidding.  I get it, if you tried it and hate it.  But to never have tried something because of price and find anyone who does just plain stupid.,  Then they always have to a remark, like I am too smart to waste my money.

I think a few posters really have to get it, that the way money is spent in other households is not theirs to judge  What is important to one, is moot to another.  We are all so different.

Anyway, I did rant on.  But I have seen very critical reviews and posts on this board, they just weren't personal.  They were very product specific