New Contributor

QVC offers a lot of cosmetic brands and of course every one presented is "the best". I'd like to know what the models use when they are not "modeling" the cosmetics. It is very confusing when they offer so many brands at various prices. Just want some ideas for especially a concealer and foundation for my face with under eye darkness, acne scars, large pores and sun spots. I did purchase the IT foundation and it accentuates my pores. Not good. Thanks for any ideas.

Honored Contributor

@jobaa wrote:

QVC offers a lot of cosmetic brands and of course every one presented is "the best". I'd like to know what the models use when they are not "modeling" the cosmetics. It is very confusing when they offer so many brands at various prices. Just want some ideas for especially a concealer and foundation for my face with under eye darkness, acne scars, large pores and sun spots. I did purchase the IT foundation and it accentuates my pores. Not good. Thanks for any ideas.

There's no way to know that unless you find out each model's name and maybe find them on Facebook so you can ask them.  It seems every host and model on QVC uses what she's demonstrating all the time.  You have to take that with a grain of salt.  I don't mean to sound unkind, but some of the hosts, and even some of the models, don't have great skin.  It's always been my opinion that you have to address the skincare first rather than rely on makeup alone to cover up and fix everything.  

Honored Contributor

Many probably use a variety like I do especially since they are exposed to so many brands.  I use Perricone No Foundation Foundation original, SKINN CC cream, Isomers foundation as well as JM's.  It depends on what I'm doing and if my skin feels dryer.  There is no "best" for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, there are so many brands and products it can be difficult to choose. I have dark undereye circles, acne scars and large pores. Here are a few things that I have found work for me:

IT cosmetics bye bye undereye corrector (25% off today on IT website!)

BareMinerals bareskin serum concealer

Bourjois 123 perfect foundation

Bourjois CC cream

(Bourjois is made in France, available on asos and lifeandlooks, very reasonable price). 

Tarte amazonian clay powder foundation.

I also urge you to watch Lisa Eldridge's videos on foundation, I guarantee you will learn a lot!

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/basics/

Regular Contributor

@jobaa wrote:

Which IT foundation did you try?  I use the CC cream and apply it with a foundation brush and I love it.   It's my all time favorite foundation.   I have acne scars,  age spots and larger pores and it evens out my skin.  I use IT bye bye pores to set it.  I also use Bye bye undereye for my concealer.   I'm not loyal to IT for all of my cosmetics,  but for my base it's what works best for me.  I did not care for their powder foundation as it accentuated my lines and pores.

Respected Contributor

@jobaa wrote:

It is very confusing when they offer so many brands at various prices.

Jobaa, here is my idea.  Start at the cheapest option you have.  If that does not work to your satisfaction, move up.

I am generally very frugal, and do not agree with the assumption that most expensive = best quality. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

if it was me with this problem, i would go to a department store and have my makeup done.  see what products they use and if you are happy with the way you look, purchase.

i'd also start there with asking them about skin care.  it will be expensive, but it will get you started.  once you find products that work for you, you can then start looking for dupes in drugstores that are cheaper.

Honored Contributor

IMO it is very difficult to find the perfect foundation and concealer.  One brand definitely does not fit all.  I think a lot of us go through lots of trial and error until we find what we like.

I am 50+ with oily skin prone to acne with some scarring and minimal lines. 

Here are some liquid foundations that I have used and liked in the past: Almay TLC, Neutrogena Skin Clearing, L'Oreal True Match.  I currently use Oil of Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting CC (it is the one in the clear tube all swirled together) with SPF as my foundation.

I use Revlon Colorstay or Almay Medicated Concealer. For under eye darkness I just started using Becca Under Eye Brightener - a little goes a long way.  You can use it under or over your eye concealer.  I use Boots Radiant Concealer under my eyes. 

Keep searching and trying things out and hopefully, you will find a product that you like.