Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

@wagirl   don't feel bad, i too fell for the powder to cream gimmick. then he mentioned Korean technology.   is that a buzz word or what . 

to TOP it off,  i caved on the Michael Buble perfume set!    it was misrepresented as a romantic floral fragrance. the floral is non-existent -  is all base notes and very masculine because it is all musk on the drydown. HSN pulled the item #  the reviews are dreadful.

@CatsyCline, in the past I had made two separate purchases of fragrance from HSN, neither of which worked for me at all.

I returned the first one. With the second one,  I mentioned to CS that the perfume really bothered me physically, and they refunded without my having to return it.

Food for thought if you don't want to keep it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I nearly did the same thing with the recent Mally TSV.  I watched one of the final presentations and decided "Why not?" and ordered it on A/D.  A couple of hours later, I thought "What on earth am I doing?" and canceled!

I don't need any more makeup until I've gotten through the enormous stash I already have.  It was the thought of trying a different foundation.  And why would I do that?  I like the Laura Geller Balance'n'Brighten that I already use and had just ordered three compacts during a recent 50% off sale!

I am getting better though at not buying anything I don't absolutely need.

Regular Contributor

Totally can relate. Ditto on almost every reply! For me, i still have an overabundance of products, but what i found worked was to finally acknowledge that makeup is my "one thing". I dont drink or smoke, go out to eat or for coffee or indulge in snack foods. i live a pretty quite, clean life that i enjoy with my family and animals. So, indulging is okay up to a point. i give myself 50$ apaycheck to play. I order fun things and if i dont like them or get tired of them i give them away. And ive stopped beating myself up-so i like to buy shiny new things that come in the mail-there are worse things! Sometimes you just have to love your flaws, too. As long as you dont have an extreme problem-let it go and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I'm trying my best to only reorder what really works best for me. Why change when you love what you already knows that is good.

I use to be looking for the next best thing. I did this not long ago with mascara (it wasn't bad at all) but as soon as it is gone, I'm back to Blinc.

I use to want every color of blush but would only wear pink or peach.

Yes, I love love make-up and use to want to try every brand. Which in the old days wasn't hard.

But I sure wasted a lot of money in the past several years.

Trusted Contributor
Since I haven't been working it is easier not to purchase things I know I can't afford. Right now I struggle with the fear of running out of something I love using...half the product left and I want to order but I am holding out! First, I am trying to use up "extras" that I have before caving in. I have not really had an issue of wanting to try the latest and greatest so that does help. I tend to fall for kits because I feel like I will save money in the long run, then I have extra items I don't really use because I hate the idea of paying for a single item when I can get 6-7 items.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3

I stopped reading the WEN forum for this very reason. Wonderful woman and advice if you enjoy the product. However,  I have very short hair and  tons of WEN products. Although I love them it will literally take me years to use up my current stash. I no longer watch the demonstrations either.