Honored Contributor

First of all, I am so mad that I caved in and bought make up I really didn't need; but on top of that I HAD to pay almost $8 to send it back!!!!! Bought Jay Manuels foundation powder from the H shopping channel  when it was a special value a few days ago and it was horrible----- but it cost almost $50, more with the tax, so was not going to just throw it out.  Why do I do that!!!!!!

Well as God is my witness------I will not fall for that again.

Just HAD to vent!!!!

Valued Contributor

@wagirl - I know how you feel - I've done that myself and then stared glassy-eyed at the bill wondering why I spent money on stuff I didn't need or even like.  Somethimes we just get caught up in the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to be oh so careful these days.  I have ordered things and by the time they come in I forgot I ordered them, forgot why I ordered them.  So I am NOT WATCHING LIVE ANYTHING.  I get caught up in the moment.  

And I now have things in my closet that I have no clue what they are or what I am going to do with them.  And with the weight loss I have things I should get rid of or else I might grow back into them.  

So I am mad at  myself also!  I can identify.

Honored Contributor

qtrmoon--glassy eyed---yes--that is me right now!! Need to wear many rubber bands around my whole body to snap me out of that mode!!! Grrrrr!!!

Honored Contributor

I put items into my "wish list" or favorites and then wait a day or 2.  I also like to read the reviews of an item before I buy.  Seldom purchase anything on impulse.

Respected Contributor

I do find that if I don't watch a presentation then I am not as tempted. Honestly they are so good as selling me The Brooklyn Bridge. If the item is something that I will use eventually and a good deal, then I feel that I should cave in. I guess that is the job of the vendors and hosts. To get us to buy things that we just can't live without. Lol!

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to be more mindful and less impulsive about purchases. In the last few weeks, I have slept on some of my  choices, and only followed through on one of them. I never go over my budget, however ,I found myself not being as pleased with my purchases, as I should be. This cooling off period I'd working out for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: So mad at myself!!!

[ Edited ]

You're definitely not alone, @wagirl.  I'm sure many of us have been in the same boat more than once.  I know I have.  It's easy to get persuaded when watching the demo's.  I'm an admitted product junkie and was on the quest for the perfect foundation that took many trials and lots of shipping charges!  I've found a couple of options that work for me and I'm really trying to just be content with them rather than jumping on the next thing that comes down the pike.  And don't even get me started on lipsticks.  I'm not saying I'll always succeed, but it's my goal.

Trusted Contributor

I have been happily ordering my cosmetics and skin care from Nordstrom. Free shipping and free returns plus a choice of three samples. :-)

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Re: So mad at myself!!!

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

I do find that if I don't watch a presentation then I am not as tempted. Honestly they are so good as selling me The Brooklyn Bridge. If the item is something that I will use eventually and a good deal, then I feel that I should cave in. I guess that is the job of the vendors and hosts. To get us to buy things that we just can't live without. Lol!

I'm the opposite- I often find when I watch the demos I actually talk myself out of it! Smiley Happy

A recent example of this was the Laura Geller TSV. I wasn't really tempted by it but I knew FOR SURE I did NOT want in when I saw one of the shows. It was then that I knew that the colors would not work for me and that I didn't like the choice of colors as I didn't think they meshed well together at all. It made it easy to pass up once I saw a demo.