Regular Contributor

Just received the BGT styling creme. Once agian having pump issues....why has this not been fixed? LOVE Wen and only use Wen but am tired of the pumps not working. : (

Super Contributor

Re: So frustrated with pumps

DH explained the physics. Something about air pressure. I think the stuff is too heavy for a pump. I have given up and pour out right amount in my hand.
Trusted Contributor

are you saying you cannot open the pump. The pump is locked to prevent leakage during shipping. Just push the top of pump down while you try to turn it. Or if you still can't get it to work try taking the pump out of the bottle.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2015 luvingit said: DH explained the physics. Something about air pressure. I think the stuff is too heavy for a pump. I have given up and pour out right amount in my hand.

I think she was referring to a pump on a brand new product that isn't working, not a pump that stopping working when the bottle is getting close to empty. That's not physics, that's a manufacturing/design issue that needs to be addressed if it continues to be a problem.

I know what you mean about giving up on the pumps, I have three bottles that are in the "pour stage", about 1/4 of the product is left, but it won't pump out anymore. With my favorites, I've opened another bottle of the same CC formula and am using it until I have room to transfer the older bottle's contents into the new one. Aggravating, but it's worth it!

Trusted Contributor

Could you just save a working pump, from an empty bottle-just in case one breaks?

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 lacey1 said:

Could you just save a working pump, from an empty bottle-just in case one breaks?

I always reuse pumps that work properly in case I get a defective pump since so many have problems with the pumps.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Flip It! caps they sell on the Q. While not the perfect solution, they do help. You can turn the bottle upside down and the product then comes to the top. You do have to squeeze the bottle a bit, then the product comes right out. This has helped me to stop wasting my Wen. Eventually the Wen pumps always stop working. The problem is that Wen is so thick. You may want to give this a try.
Honored Contributor

It happened to me today with the MIF styling cream. I tried many ways to get it to pop up and nothing. Good thing I had an extra pump to use.

Super Contributor

The pumps are hard to get working sometimes, and I've had many stop working or actually break on me. I'm starting to just skip the pump and use the regular cap. I really dislike the pumps on Wen bottles. Love the Wen, hate the pumps.

Super Contributor

BTW, pushing down as you twist and hold the part that twists on to the bottle (so it's not just un-s cr ewing) will sometimes get it to pop up.