Contributor

Re: So disappointed with the Julep My Soul Speaks in Color set...

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @sfins, I have sent you an email about your damaged item. 

Thank you so much, Alice.  That is very kind of you!

Take care!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a broken Julep bottle that looked just like that from the company directly. They wanted me to take a photo and send it, but I said I didn't know how then right over the phone (it was an older Kindle that was very hard to use for the camera feature) and she put me on hold, then came back and said they'd replace it as a one time courtesy. I just never ordered again thinking the next time I'd get jipped.

Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I had a broken Julep bottle that looked just like that from the company directly. They wanted me to take a photo and send it, but I said I didn't know how then right over the phone (it was an older Kindle that was very hard to use for the camera feature) and she put me on hold, then came back and said they'd replace it as a one time courtesy. I just never ordered again thinking the next time I'd get jipped.

I guess I've gotten spoiled to how accomodating QVC is when things like this happen, but it always irritates me when comapnies question you or want "proof" that something is damaged. 

I ordered an eyeshadow palette from a different company a few months ago that had 4 pans of shadow in it.  It was pretty expensive...I'm thinking $50+.  When it came 1 whole pan of shadow had broken apart and was covering all the other shadows. Called CS and they wanted me to email a picture to them.  I did...the company rep replied back with "Well the other 3 are still useable if you clean off the broken shadow, plus you should remember that shadows can be soft and break easily".  Needless to say I was not happy. They wouldn't issue a replacement and only gave me a partial credit. IDK, maybe I was expecting too much but I think either a replacement or full refund should be standard in cases like this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speak to Shawn's Soul about it....

Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@StraytoStay

The first broken bottle, they simply sent a new one.  The next time it happened, they asked me to take a picture of the broken bottle.  I told the rep I could not be bothered and the fact the last rep told me it was the nature of their "hand blown" glass bottles to break at the neck, (both in shipment and sometimes when you unscrewed a tight cap) just cancel my subscription.  She practically begged me not to cancel and said she'd send a replacement without a picture.

It happened a third time and I cancelled my subscription.

I always take my own polish when I go to the salon.  My manicurist hated Julep bottles.  She said their design was poor for professional use.  They work quickly and it was difficult to put the brush in and out of the bottle without tipping it over.

Respected Contributor

It’s sad when companies use cheap packaging and then charge way too much for the amount of product you get. 

Considering how much a polish of Julep cost, they are not any better quality that my $4 polish from the drugstore. I bought their topcoat because Shawn raves about it. It’s really not that good! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfins wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I guess I've gotten spoiled to how accomodating QVC is when things like this happen, but it always irritates me when comapnies question you or want "proof" that something is damaged. 

I ordered an eyeshadow palette from a different company a few months ago that had 4 pans of shadow in it.  It was pretty expensive...I'm thinking $50+.  When it came 1 whole pan of shadow had broken apart and was covering all the other shadows. Called CS and they wanted me to email a picture to them.  I did...the company rep replied back with "Well the other 3 are still useable if you clean off the broken shadow, plus you should remember that shadows can be soft and break easily".  Needless to say I was not happy. They wouldn't issue a replacement and only gave me a partial credit. IDK, maybe I was expecting too much but I think either a replacement or full refund should be standard in cases like this.

That's awful customer service. Sounds like a Tarte experience I had once. I won't even buy that brand anywhere after dealing with them. They lost me as a customer for good, hope you quit that company that said three are still good, too. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

@StraytoStay

The first broken bottle, they simply sent a new one.  The next time it happened, they asked me to take a picture of the broken bottle.  I told the rep I could not be bothered and the fact the last rep told me it was the nature of their "hand blown" glass bottles to break at the neck, (both in shipment and sometimes when you unscrewed a tight cap) just cancel my subscription.  She practically begged me not to cancel and said she'd send a replacement without a picture.

It happened a third time and I cancelled my subscription.

I always take my own polish when I go to the salon.  My manicurist hated Julep bottles.  She said their design was poor for professional use.  They work quickly and it was difficult to put the brush in and out of the bottle without tipping it over.

@lulu1 I've heard Julep has been in trouble (some legal trouble, I googled it a couple years ago) for not cancelling those subscriptions when requested & the reps give anyone a hard time when trying to do so. Those bottles are a terrible design, but great for Julep by not giving the consumer much product, ha. I haven't bought since. My rep was nice, but it was only a four dollar clearance bottle for her to get the OK on. 

Respected Contributor

Another reason I will not buy again is the fact that the bottles tip over so easily while painting my nails. I got the polish all over my vanity. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

So sorry you had such a mess.  I don't like the shape of their bottles and the amount of product is so small.  I do have a former TSV with the nail therapy items ( different shaped bottle) and I think it is a pretty good product.  I did cancel a/d though because I will probably move on to something else.  This set will last a long time even though I do my nails at least once a week.