Super Contributor

Re: So disappointed, just can't use Perricone products........

On 11/15/2014 Nadine said:

Well I'm way past the 24 year old ! I actually am kind of relieved that the products didn't work for me, the expense was unreal.

I know many like skinn products, I remember many many years ago when the line had another name. My only issue is everythingin that line seems to have so many ingredients. I don't know if you all saw the thread about that today but I agree that many times a product has everything except the kitchen sink and I wonder what the % is of the ingredients.

I use Somme Institute some of the time, and Isomers some of the time also.

Got frustrated with Isomers because there are so many products and everytime I would ask for recs none of the new products were mentioned. Always wondered about that.

I finally sent an email directly to Manuela. she replied that was was away for a few days but would get back with me. I hope she does because I really need some direction.

Appreciate the replies from all of you!

That line was called Parthena -- I tried it then, too, but didn't find it helpful. (Of course I was much younger and I'm not sure what I was actually hoping to achieve

Dimitri has gazillions of ingredients, but I only really pay attention to the top of the deck and figure the rest is just fl*uff (there's not a letter missing, but the censor program won't let me use that word?!?!). I think a lot of them must be in infinitesimal amounts, but he tosses them in so he can say "and this has....". But the thing is, ALL of those ingredients are good-for-your-skin ingredients, so I don't mind them being included at all, whether or not I'm getting anything from them. Much better than a lot of the scary-sounding ingredients that a lot of manufacturers use.

This time around, I've become just devoted to his Stem Rejen products (particularly the Face, the Eye next on my "love love" list). I have never, ever, ever seen results like I have with the Stem Rejen. It hasn't lifted, it hasn't erased my deep wrinkles (as a matter of fact I just got Botox), or done any wowza anti-aging miracles, but the quality and look of my SKIN is better than I can ever remember it being in my life.

I still have the spots, I still have the laxity and the sag, but boy, I love how my skin looks now!

I use a few of his other products, but don't have the entire arsenal. Oils don't seem to cut it for me (although I do mix his Lipid Oil with my 24 Hour cream at night). Just telling you my experience with them in case you're interested. And wanted to comment on the "everything but the kitchen sink" ingredients he has in his products. :-)

Whatever you find that works for you, I hope you're as pleased as I have been by the Stem Rejen products. Good luck!!

Super Contributor

Perricone did nothing for me & I tried it off & on whenever something ""new"" was presented.

I just keep it simple now & don't expect any miracle product making me look 20 years younger. I'd have to swim in it to make the rest of my body match my face .

It may take some time to find out what works best with your skin. Good luck.

Valued Contributor

Good advice shoekitty. Many years ago I did use perricone and liked what I was using. I think the newer products are just to strong for my sensitive skin. His original products aren't expensive compared to the newer things he's added to the line

. Even the nutritive cleanser is to strong for my skin. I guess as I've gotten older my skin has gotten thinner .

Not sure why I keep fighting this aging process, my skin was always good until this past year.

Respected Contributor

I thought I may be missing something so I purchased a few products. Much to my chagrin all they accomplished was to make me red, irritated and looking like I had a sunburn. Now I am using a simple inexpensive moisturizer and my skin looks good again.
Honored Contributor

There are plenty of women around the world who get great results from non-Perricone products. Many of them pay a lot less, too.

Personally, I would not boo-hoo over being unable to use overpriced and overhyped products that don't work for you.

Regular Contributor

On 11/16/2014 shoekitty said:
On 11/16/2014 Nadine said:

shoekitty I don't think Perricone users were being called liars.

I made it very clear that I wished that I could have gotten the great results that others have gotten. This sure wasn't a thread to bash Perricone.

You are so fortunate to have gotten great results. I was hoping with Perricone my search was over. Over the past year my skin has gone downhill, I was looking for something that would help. Money wise I'm relieved in a sense but I was willing to pay the price if I got results. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I guess products that are very active just aren't going to work for me.

nadine

I wasn't referring to your comments at all. We all get different results. There are many perricone products that do not work at all for me. But the ones I do use are miracle workers. I have used every brand there is, at all price points.

Of the products you tried, I only use the neuropeptide facial cream. I use the cleansers, both AG face and eye, high potency evening repair, and cold plasma and the advanced face firming cream.

For first time users I recommend the starter kit. Don't start with full jars of product you aren't sure of. People have had good luck with the one that comes with the nutritive cleanser, AFFA, neuropeptide cream and the restorative correction cream (for night). Anyone can call Perricone CS and speak with a consultant. She can send you a sample of some of the samples. Or you can purchase the deluxe samples. The deluxe samples can let you try the product for 2 weeks. .Most of the creams Perricone sells are targeted creams.Once you figure the ones that work for you, it is not so hard to select. I will say as a dedicated and happy Perricone user, the demos on tv are confusing and not very informative. I get confused, and leave the demo not knowing how to even use them. You don't need all the products, just a few. But for many it is not compatible with their skin. JMHO.

They have a million creams and it is confusing. heck I use the stuff and figure out how to use all the other stuff.

Shoekitty~

So many great points in both of your posts here. I use all of the same P products you use with the exception of NP facial cream. I've used sample and travel sizes extensively and made a few "not great" choices along the way before zoining in on the Perricone products that work for me and the "final few" definitely make a big difference. And it's a big line so the confusion is warranted, as you mentioned!

Nadine~

I've tried brands that didn't work for me -- many of them -- and we just have to move on. I thought your comments were worth sharing. And "whining" at these price points is always fair!

Respected Contributor

Nadine, what are your major concerns? I rarely find multiple products within one line. Well, with the exception of NCN. I use a few of hers. I also use a few from Isomers, 100% Pure, and Paula's Choice. Maybe if we knew what exactly you'd like to target we could make some recs.
Shoekitty is good people! She may be able to pinpoint a Perricone for you, too.
Valued Contributor

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I have very dry sensitive skin and on the left side of my face crepeness is starting along with new lines. That's what got me started looking for new products, I'm in my 60's for also having creasing from corner of mouth down, so firming would help.

Looks awful when I write down my issues, lol

Valued Contributor

Perricone products did not work for me. I found them drying and a bit irritating.
Respected Contributor

On 11/17/2014 Nadine said:

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I have very dry sensitive skin and on the left side of my face crepeness is starting along with new lines. That's what got me started looking for new products, I'm in my 60's for also having creasing from corner of mouth down, so firming would help.

Looks awful when I write down my issues, lol

Ah, it's not so bad.

I recently came across an Isomers product that has made a huge improvement in the dryness of my skin. Isomers Ceramide ProLipid Serum. It makes complete sense if you research ceramides which I had. I was looking for a ceramide rich lotion or serum. Lo and behold, it was offered in a bonus size last time Isomers was on. I'm talkin' huge improvement. I was slathering on moisturizers, spritzing with waters, then slathering on oils. Not anymore. It's pricey if it's not on sale though. I'm beginning to make some of my own skincare and think I'm going to order some ceramide from SkinActives. You might try that and add it to a product you have now and like. Nothing worse that not being able to hydrate your skin. Seems like other products are a waste of time if you can't do that. HTH