Honored Contributor

Re: So disappointed in lack of fragrance in Philosophy sprays

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I got the same TSV earlier this year in Amazing Grace.  I love the scent but am wholeheartedly disappointed because, shortly after I started using it and after the return period, the atomizer no longer works reliably.  I have to really work at it to get any fragrance out of the bottle.  I still try but I’ll have that bottle forever as infrequently as I now use it.

@MJDinVegas- Is it the cap portion that is not working, perhaps?  I have an extra one on hand (in case that ever happens) that I could send you in the mail. 

Regular Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I got the same TSV earlier this year in Amazing Grace.  I love the scent but am wholeheartedly disappointed because, shortly after I started using it and after the return period, the atomizer no longer works reliably.  I have to really work at it to get any fragrance out of the bottle.  I still try but I’ll have that bottle forever as infrequently as I now use it.

Rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball/,swab has gotten mine to work again.  I wipe it around the base of the pump part and it cleans up the piece that gets gooey.  Saw this on YouTube and it really works.  Got a vintage bottle of Tova to spray again doing this.

Contributor

Falling in Love has always been my favorite of the Philosophy line.  However, I was in Ulta today and decided to spritz some on me as I walked by the perfume display.  Wow!  has it ever changed, and not in a good way.  I haven't bought any in a long time and was going to buy some the other night when QVC was offering EP on everything.  I am so glad I didn't.  I noticed their prices keep going up while their quality goes down.  I'll be searching for a new signature fragrance.

Regular Contributor

@Knit-Chick  I just use the body wash and the lotion (am about to try the creme) and I have the same experience.  I really can't smell it, but others have commented about my "perfume."

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99  actually Amazing Grace does come in an "eau de parfum".  Other Philosophy fragrances come in eau de parfum as well. 

Valued Contributor

I have the creme and it is not much better than the lotion as far as strength of fragrance.  I also find that the body washes/shampoo (would never use on my hair) barely smell and I get better bubbles from drugstore brands.