Regular Contributor

So disappointed in lack of fragrance in Philosophy sprays

Recentky bought some Amazing Grace that came in a double package, limited edition bottle ....was going to gift one + keep one. I donated it the other day ...what a disappointment. You can hardly smell it. I felt like I was spritzing water!! Philosophy use to be so great. A tiny spritz lasted all day. Such a waste of $$$$
Honored Contributor

Re: So disappointed in lack of fragrance in Philosophy sprays

[ Edited ]

I believe that brand does not offer a perfume, so it is toilet water and the fragrance is fleeting. When they say it's a not a heavy fragrance, they aren't kidding.

Trusted Contributor

I actually like that it's a light and subtle fragrance.  I often can't smell it on myself, but others can and comment how nice it smells.

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 they do make an Eau de Parfum. It’s been offered in their TSV around the holidays. I have several bottles of it in my stash, both AG and PG. I use that when I’m going out. But I normally layer the eau de toilette with the whipped body creme. I often get compliments. And when I get into bed at night, I can smell it on my sheets/comforter. I adore Amazing Grace!
Honored Contributor

It seems when companies are acquired by large companies, everything goes downhill.  Cheaper ingredients are used, etc.  However, I have an Amazing Grace body lotion and it is extremely fragrant.  I have found that body lotions in philosophy and other brands are more fragrant and last longer than their spray fragrance.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar- I use the Amazing Grace body emulsion followed with the AG Eau de toilette and I find that I am able to smell the wonderful scent on my clothing days later.  I also have the spritz and sometimes add that to the mix. 

I recently purchased the AG Eau de toilette as a gift to me:

philosophy holiday limited edition amazing grace eau de toilette duo - A341974

Honored Contributor

I really haven't had too much of a problem with the scents except for the UL I bought as a TSV last year.  I sent it back because it had no scent whatsoever.

I got a bottle of Amazing Grace body emulsion for Christmas last year and I wear that a lot on the weekends when I don't necessarily want a heavier scent for running errands, etc.  I have had people make a comment about how nice it smells and I can smell it on my clothes when I take them off. 

I also received Living Grace body emulsion and EDP as a gift last year and love it.  I can definitely smell that and I always get compliments on it and finally, I bought the TSV earlier this year  in FIL that had the large body cream and large spray fragrance and that has plenty of scent. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, I got the same TSV earlier this year in Amazing Grace.  I love the scent but am wholeheartedly disappointed because, shortly after I started using it and after the return period, the atomizer no longer works reliably.  I have to really work at it to get any fragrance out of the bottle.  I still try but I’ll have that bottle forever as infrequently as I now use it.

Esteemed Contributor

Several of us have written about strangers giving compliments about Amazing Grace. I cannot smell it when wearing it after decades of use, but it certainly is fragrant to others! My favorite is the body lotion, which I use daily following my bath or shower. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do think the intensity of the fragrance changed after the company was acquired.  I found an older bottle of the EDP at my mom's and it is noticably different from the current version.