Frequent Contributor

So I've been paying for shipping twice since 2015??

This does not make sense to me.  I pay shipping when I purchase, then I Return My Own Way and pay UPS to ship item back since it is less expensive than the return label fee of $6.95, and just today I find out they still deduct the original postage fee from my refund?  Does this make sense?  Did Q announce this policy when they changed it to anyone?  Your thoughts?  I, for one, will be supercautious about ordering in the future.  

Honored Contributor

Re: So I've been paying for shipping twice since 2015??

You should post your complaint under Customer Care. I doubt the Beauty forum can answer your question. That's what the Customer Care forum is for. Check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm confused about why you're confused since this is nothing new. Unless you buy an item with free shipping, then you pay the shipping fee. If you decide to return the item, then you pay the return shipping fee (whichever return method you choose). While you may get free shipping when you buy an item, QVC is going to charge you if you choose to return the item - I don't remember it being any different, and I've been ordering off and on from the Q since the 1990's. It's one good reason to make sure that I really want to place an order.

Honored Contributor

Five years ago at least QVC announced that they will no longer refund your original shipping fee, it happened around the same time as the $3.00 shipping came about. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

If you're saying that you were charge the $6.95 normal return fee in addition to the UPS fee, then you have a definite complaint. I'd call Customer Service and let them know that the $6.95 fee needs to be refunded.

Frequent Contributor

I had no idea about that policy until today.  I received a .53 refund and called.  Seems like a lot of customers do not know this either, but seems like a lot do.  Thanks.  

Frequent Contributor

Not a complaint.  Just does not make sense.  But I happen to think the Beauties have the best information.  

Honored Contributor

@cosdependent wrote:

This does not make sense to me.  I pay shipping when I purchase, then I Return My Own Way and pay UPS to ship item back since it is less expensive than the return label fee of $6.95, and just today I find out they still deduct the original postage fee from my refund?  Does this make sense?  Did Q announce this policy when they changed it to anyone?  Your thoughts?  I, for one, will be supercautious about ordering in the future.  

@cosdependent OMG!  I just realized a few days ago that the same thing probably has been happening to me.

I'm too busy with my business right now due to holidays sales but I need to sit down and go over my transactions. The thought of it is making me sick!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@cosdependent wrote:

@cosdependent OMG!  I just realized a few days ago that the same thing probably has been happening to me.

I'm too busy with my business right now due to holidays sales but I need to sit down and go over my transactions. The thought of it is making me sick!

I just realized that you meant original postage which I do understand.  I think they have been charging me their return shipping PLUS the fact that I paid for return shipping on my own using FedEx.

Honored Contributor

@cosdependent,  That's how the Q makes extra money.  I know it stinks but it has been this way for a long time.  I found out that if you are returning something that is less than a pound, use your own postage but if you are returning shoes or anything heavy use QVC's label.

kindness is strength